MCI will give big bonuses to managers before merging with WorldCom
- Bonus checks. Wickham, Rhonda L. // Wireless Review;01/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p20
Notes MCI's offer of bonuses to encourage top-level executives to stay following the WorldCom deal.
- Structuring Restricted Access Bonus Arrangements. Baler, Richard C. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/23/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 25, p12
Focuses on the integration of a restricted access bonus arrangement with an executive benefits program in the U.S. Restriction on employee's access to the policy's cash surrender values for a period of time; Modification of ownership rights; Tax implications.
- Trash execs clean up even if earnings drop. Duff, Susanna // Waste News;8/6/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p15
Reports on the awarding of bonus to executives of solid waste companies in the United States. Role of executives in the manipulation of the performance of companies; Kinds of awards given to the executives; Effort to motivate executives to perform the job better.
- Is it fair that senior executives can earn massive bonuses in comparison to their employees? Morris, Gregory; Coats, David // Employee Benefits;Oct2001, p58
Comments on the fairness of providing massive bonuses to senior executives in comparison to their employees. Argument in favor of giving massive bonuses to executives; Criticism against giving massive bonuses to executives.
- An Empirical Examination of Executive Compensation. Hollowell, Byron // Bank Accounting & Finance (08943958);Dec2004/Jan2005, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p45
The article examines the relationship between high-incentive-based executive compensation contracts and the long-term performance of the associated firm. The trends in executive compensation in the U.S. is discussed. The issues and the complexity involved in measuring an executive's pay and...
- Commerce CEO to give back signing bonus. // Inside Tucson Business;2/3/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p4
The article reports that Don Cardon, who will resign as president and chief executive officer (CEO) of the Arizona Commerce Authority (ACA) will return 50,000 dollars which he received as a signing bonus in 2011.
- One Winner at MCI. Gimbel, Barney // Fortune;5/2/2005, Vol. 151 Issue 9, p20
Examines the battle between Verizon Communications and Qwest Communications International over the acquisition of MCI. MCI shareholders impacted by the battle; View that current MCI chief executive officer Michael Capellas will be the real winner regardless of which company purchases MCI;...
- Cha-Ching! High Yield Brings High Bonuses. C. J. C. // Bank Loan Report;11/16/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p2
The article offers information on the 2009/2010 Global Financial Overview & Compensation Report released by Operations Group. According to the conpensation study, leveraged loan and high yield bond professionals are posed to receive a bunos of 45% to 50%. Examples of these professionals are...
- Program Manager Pay Tops $400k. // Bank Investment Consultant;Sep2007, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p8
The article focuses on the salaries, bonuses and various compensations of the program managers of various U.S. banks. According to a study conducted by the Bank Insurance Market Research Group, the average salary of the product managers rose to $237,500 at large banks, $177,000 at mid-sized...