THE IMPORTANCE OF DUE PROCESS PROTECTIONS AFTER WELFARE REFORM: CLIENT STORIES FROM NEW YORK CITY
- Welfare reform signed into law. Green, Jeffrey // AHA News;05/06/96, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p6
Reports on Wisconsin's program, called Welfare Works, that replace welfare checks and Aid to Families with Dependent Children with work. Ladder categories for jobs; Goal of the program.
- Welfare reform impacts in the SIPP. Bavier, Richard // Monthly Labor Review;Nov2002, Vol. 125 Issue 11, p23
Focuses on the impact of Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996 for public welfare reform in the U.S. according to data from the Survey of Income and Program Participation (SIPP). Withdrawal of families from the association Aid to Families with Dependent...
- Maryland. Olberding, Julie Cencula // State Government News;Nov94, Vol. 37 Issue 11, pVII
Focuses on a welfare-reform initiative in Maryland which reduced Aid to Families With Dependent Children grants by $25 a month for each child younger than seven years old who does not receive required immunizations and preventive care. Federal waiver to increase and decrease AFDC grants;...
- SCOPE OF FEDERAL-STATE AFDC PAYMENTS. // Congressional Digest;Jun/Jul70, Vol. 49 Issue 6/7, p167
Discusses the scope of U.S. federal-state Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) payments. State payment levels; Payments relative to minimum subsistence levels; Allocations to individual expense categories; Percentage of cost standard required for minimum subsistence paid to a typical...
- REACTIONARIES CLING TO OLD-STYLE WELFARE. Hinderaker, John; Johnson, Scott // American Enterprise;Oct/Nov2000, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p15
Deals with the Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP), a welfare reform program in Minnesota. Information on the welfare program Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) of the United States; Advantages and disadvantages of the MFIP; Comparison of the MFIP with AFDC.
- A retreat on children's well-being. Stevens, Guy V. G. // Christian Science Monitor;8/22/97, Vol. 89 Issue 188, p18
No abstract available.
- Welfare by waiver. Greenberg, Mark // Public Welfare;Winter95, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p10
Comments on the role of the waiver process in the Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) policy in the United States. States' implementation of fundamental changes in their AFDC programs; Authority delegated by Congress to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under Title...
- Manpower report finds welfare reform working in Oregon. // State Legislatures;Sep98, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p8
Reports the success of the welfare reform program of the United States federal government in Oregon. Details on the study commissioned by the United States Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of Education; How the state of Oregon implemented the program.
- Time limits: Not easy or cheap to implement. // PA Times;Feb97, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p8
Reprints the article `Time limits: Not easy or cheap to implement' from `Welfare News,' dated January 1997 which deals with the implementation of the Aid to families with dependent children programs.