Java Beans: Solving the authoring grind
- A sip of Java? Allen, Leilani // Mortgage Banking;Sep98, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p107
Features the computer language application developed by Sun Microsystems called Java. Advantages of Java over other programs; Explanation of how Java functions; Reasons behind the popularity of Java among technology developers.
- Java perks up embedded systems. Quinnell, Richard A. // EDN;08/01/97, Vol. 42 Issue 16, p38
States that since its introduction in 1995, the computer program language, Java, has received excessive attention. Information on Java's expansion into embedded systems; Details on various embedded-Java problems.
- Java at age one: A status report. Dyson, Peter E. // Seybold Report on Desktop Publishing;6/10/96, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p19
Reports on the status of Sun Microsystems' Java programming language, which was introduced in 1994. Parallels between the Postcript and Java programming languages; Introduction of new development tools for making Java programs; Consumer applets. INSET: Gold fever..
- Java. Gordon, Barbara // Educom Review;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p44
Features Java, an object-oriented programming language developed by Sun Microsystems. Solution provided for delivering software code in the Internet; Benefits to educators and students; Applications. INSET: Getting Javatized..
- Java takes on C and C++. Ellis, George // EDN;11/06/97, Vol. 42 Issue 23, p147
Presents information on the uses of Java, a computer language developed by Sun Mocrosystems. Details on the application of Java; Reference to C++ programs; Descriptive information on Java; Advantages of using Java. INSETS: A Java glossary.;Java Byte code.;Java and OPP.;Java beans.
- JavaSoft borrows page from Visual Basic. Lawton, George // Software Magazine;Feb97, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p80
Features the capabilities of JavaBean, a component-based development tool. Who developed JavaBean; Ability of JavaBean to simplify the process of building distributed applications; Comparison between JavaBean and Microsoft Corporation's Visual Basic. INSET: Hopping for JavaBeans..
- New software products jump for Java. // Inter@ctive Week;12/02/96, Vol. 3 Issue 28, p47
Reports on the effort of several software developers to legitimize the computer programming language Java as the favored language for building applications that run over the Internet. Includes Forte Software Inc.'s partnership with Visigenic Software Inc. to provide complete interoperability...
- Java eases network management. McGarvey, Joe // Inter@ctive Week;01/13/97, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p61
Reports that Sun Microsystems Incorporated's Java is being designed to handle the management and operational duties of networking equipment. Details on what characteristics makes Java suitable for managing network equipment; Comments from Ravi Rishy-Maharaj, group marketing manager for Sun...
- Corporate web builders will be front line for java implementation. Coursey, David // Inter@ctive Week;02/24/97, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p29
Opinion. Focuses on Java applications software. Detailed information on Java; Use of Java on the Intranet; Information on other application software.
- Java classes take a trip to the DumpMethods. Locke, Jonathan // Inter@ctive Week;05/01/97 - special issue, Vol. 4 Issue 13, p86
Answers reader-sent questions related to the Java programming language. Setting the color of a TextArea component; Generating multiple inheritance in Java.