Can I buy a vowel? The DVD acronym assault
- Harnessing Movies for Language Practice. Howell, Lyn C. // Learning & Leading with Technology;Feb2006, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p43
The article presents information on DVD movies that could be used to expose students to native speakers. The authors state that DVDs that offer Spanish language tracks with English subtitles could be easily found which could solve these problems. They further state that cartoons are also of...
- To drop, or not to drop in. Tiberghien, Susan M. // Christian Science Monitor;4/1/98, Vol. 90 Issue 87, p16
Presents the author's comments on the use of the term `dropping in' during a trip to France. Reaction to the use of the term.
- Glossary. // Monthly Energy Review;Dec97, p167
Presents a glossary of terms used in `Energy Review' magazine. Definition of anthracite; Description of asphalt; Information on aviation gasoline blending components; Details on other terms.
- GLOSSARY. Williams, Colleen Madonna Flood // Festivals of Mexico;2003, p58
The article presents a glossary of terms that are associated with Mexico.
- Let's hear it for the lowly sound bite! Wernick, Robert // Smithsonian;Aug96, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p62
Describes the use of sound bites throughout history. Definition of a sound bite; The influence that sound bites have on the public; Values attached to sound bites; Importance of what is said and when it is said; Negative slant given to the term `sound byie' by editorialists and commentators;...
- Snookered again. Lawson, Ron // Dirt Bike;Jan1998, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p6
Recounts an indivdual experience on a motorrace with Tim Olson.
- Glossary. // Malaysia (Growth & Influence of Islam in the Nations of Asia & C;2006, pN.PAG
This chapter presents a glossary of terms about Malaysia.
- Glossary. // Bangladesh;2005, pN.PAG
This chapter presents a glossary of terms related to Bangladesh.
- The detachable `dis' word. Andreae, Christopher // Christian Science Monitor;4/10/95, Vol. 87 Issue 93, p17
Describes humorously the usage of the word `dis.'