New products: Media, mastering, replicating & packaging
- CONVAC DEBUTS CD 8900S SILVER-LINE HIGH-SPEED CD REPLICATION. // CD Computing News;Dec2000, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p7
Reports the launching of CD 8900S Silver-line, a high-speed upgradeable compact disc replication system, from Convac Technologies Ltd.
- The World of Compact Discs. Paterson, Anthony // Contemporary Review;Jun99, Vol. 274 Issue 1601, p319
Cites the role of the compact disc (CD) in the recording of classical music. Great achievement of of the CD recording revolution; Information on classical pieces that have been recorded on CD.
- U Have the Right sounds the alarm on teen rape. HOBBES, DWIGHT // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;10/4/2012, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p3
The article offers information on the spoken CD titled "U Have the Right," based on teen rape which is recorded by the U.S. High School for the Recording Arts.
- Speak of CD-R and the IMPs shall APPEAR. Starrett, Bob // EMedia Magazine;Jul2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p50
Comments on the technologies for recording audio compact discs (CD). Free software for audio CD recording; Concept behind Liquid Audio player; Features of the EarJam IMP, an Internet Music Player from EarJam.com.
- Key Questions. // Keyboard;Mar2002, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p16
Presents a question and answer advisory on musical recording. Quality of audio Compact discs (CD) in the different recording speeds; Reduction of error in burning a CD at slower speeds; Recommendation on using automation envelopes to reduce unwanted breath sounds.
- More companies are releasing CD-recorders. // Computers in Libraries;Sep97, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p69
Reports on the continuing decline in the pricing of CD-Recorders as of September 1997. Focus on the Sony Spressa CD-R; Hi-Val, Inc.'s three new drives; Smart and Friendly's 2006 Plus.
- CD DUPLICATION & MASTERING. Christie, Rod; Mackay, Jeff // Canadian Musician;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p49
Focuses on compact disc duplication and mastering. Cost of mastering; Consideration in deciding the amount and quality of artwork; Importance of in-house pressing plant.
- MASS PRODUCTION. Burrows, Terry // Total Guitar Tutor;2006, p244
The article offers instructions for producing a compact disc or a vinyl album.
- Direct & Digital Sound Recordings: Basics for Librarians. Rosenberg, Kenyon C. // Library Journal;5/1/1983, Vol. 108 Issue 9, p879
Presents various techniques of recording sound. Use of Acoustic and electric methods in the 1920's; Use of wire and tape recording techniques during World War II; Application of 'direct to disc' technique of recording; Solution of the distortion problem; Advent of compact discs in the consumer...