Indictment Brings More Oversight for Bridgeport, Conn
- Main Provisions of S.1721. // Congressional Digest;Dec88, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p294
Report that the US Senate considered the `Intelligence Oversight Act of 1988,' S.1721, on March 3, 4 and 15th, 1988. Presents excerpts from a summary provided by the Select Committee on Intelligence on S.1721.
- Should the Congress Adopt the `Intelligence Oversight Act of 1988'? PRO. // Congressional Digest;Dec88, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p296
Presents views from those who support the bill by the Intelligence Committee to reform the current law on congressional oversight of intelligence. US Senators Patrick J. Leahy; David L. Boren; William S. Cohen.
- Should the Congress Adopt the `Intelligence Oversight Act of 1988'? CON. // Congressional Digest;Dec88, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p297
Presents views from those who do not support the bill by the Intelligence Committee to reform the current law on congressional oversight of intelligence. US Secretary of Defense Frank C. Carlucci and US Senators Orrin G. Hatch and Malcolm Wallop.
- The howl of congressional watchdogs. Roberts, S.V.; Shapiro, J.P. // U.S. News & World Report;9/11/89, Vol. 107 Issue 10, p24
Discusses why Congress often fails at oversight probes--the job of determining whether or not taxpayers are getting their money's worth. Oversight battles in housing, intelligence, nuclear waste, insider trading and more. INSET: The Hill's watchdogs and its lap dogs..
- NHA to increase oversight in wake of evictions. Shebala, Marley // Navajo Times;2/11/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 6, pA1
The article reports on the near completion of the agreement that lets the Navajo Housing Authority (NHA) heighten its supervision towards the Housing of Fort Defiance in Church Rock, New Mexico (NM).
- 7-member Panel To Probe Porngate. // India -- West;2/24/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 14, pA44
The article reports on the creation of a seven-member House committee in Karnataka, India scandal involving three former ministers who allegedly viewed pornographic video clip including Laxman Savadi, C.C. Patil and Krishna J. Palemar.
- IRS oversight of ACORN set to be reviewed. O'Brien, Michael // Hill;9/25/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 108, p5
The article reports on the agreed review of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) lapse for the community organizing group ACORN by the Treasury Department.
- Committee considers whether BIS officials were too close to JanouÅ¡ek. HULPACHOVÁ, MARKÉTA // Prague Post;4/ 4/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 14, pA1
The article reports that a parliamentary committee wanted to increase oversight of the domestic intelligence service (BIS) of Czech Republic after a recorded conversation between lobbyist Roman JanouÅ¡sek and Jan PavliÄek, head of Antiterrorism Unit of BIS, was leaked to the public.
- The Legislative Veto. // Congressional Digest;Dec83, Vol. 62 Issue 12, p290
Focuses on key issues concerning legislative oversight in the U.S. Overview of the law-making process; Authority of the House or the Senate to reject a specified Executive Branch proposal by the passage of a simple resolution; Pros and cons to legislative veto.