- Tiff over plan to convert airport. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/23/96, Vol. 237 Issue 13, p16
Reports on the legal battle to keep Chicago's Meigs Field airstrip from being closed by the city. Filing by the Illinois Dept. of Transportation in the Illinois Supreme Court of petition seeking to prevent the city from demolishing the airstrip; Invocation of the Illinois Aeronautics Act;...
- Fifth Runway As Catalyst. Young, Ben // Georgia Trend;Nov2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p83
Reports on the proposed construction of a fifth runway at Hartsfield in Atlanta, Georgia. Contribution of the runway to redevelopment efforts of the Georgia International Convention Center (GICC). Increase in size of GICC; Possibility of job vacancies at GICC.
- Arlington airport ready to land tenants with runway expansion. Sipos, Eric // Fort Worth Business Press;11/05/99, Vol. 12 Issue 28, p1
Reports on the runway expansion of the Arlington Municipal Airport. Plans of manager Bob Porter for the airport; Growth of the airport; Access to the interstates.
- And one to grow on. Donoghue, J.A. // Air Transport World;Apr96, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p61
Reports on the pressure placed on Hong Kong to build a second runaway at the Chek Lap Kok airport by airlines. Reason for request; Conflicts in decisions to build runaway; Anticipations of doubling of air traffic on opening of airport; Growth in the Chinese air traffic at present; Statistics on...
- THE GOOD THINGS TAKE A LITTLE LONGER. Buyck, Cathy // Air Transport World;Apr2003, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p44
Discusses the opening of the fifth runway of the Amsterdam Airport Schiphol in 2003. Size and capacity; Project cost; Benefits for airlines.
- Lydd nod hits election rein. // Planning (14672073);4/16/2010, Issue 1864, p6
The article reports on the approach taken by the government regarding the planned runway extension for the Lydd Airport in Great Britain.
- To fly united. // Flying;Mar1995, Vol. 122 Issue 3, p34
Reports on German researchers' suggested solution to airport runway capacity problems. Reduced fuel consumption for airliners in echelon formation similar to geese and other long-haul birds; Transmission of fly-by-wire commands.
- Slick surfaces need a number. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;02/09/98, Vol. 240 Issue 6, p26
Presents information the Joint Winter Runway Friction Measurement program. Details on who started the program; What it is all about; Reason for the project; Identification of the different methods being examined on how to increase traction on pavement for airplanes.
- Willow Run expansion prompts concerns. Gargaro, Paul // Crain's Detroit Business;4/17/95, Vol. 11 Issue 16, p18
Reports on the concerns aired by Canton Township residents in Detroit, Michigan about the plans to fly 747 cargo jets in and out of Willow Run Airport. Call for an investigation of the plan; Plan to expand the airport's runway; Residents' concern over the impact of the runway extension;...