- Volunteer stewards to help schools plan habitat sites. // International Wildlife;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p7
Focuses on the Oregon State University 4-H Program to train Wildlife Stewards to work teachers and students to develop schoolyard habitats in conjunction with the National Wildlife Federation's (NWF) Western Natural Resource Center and the United States Fish and Wildlife Service. How the program...
- Who calls the shots? The politics of reference reorganization. Butcher, Karyle S.; Kinch, Michael P. // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Nov90, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p280
Discusses how Oregon State University Libraries worked to resolve the problems and how in doing so confronted the primal issue which is turf. Background of the Oregon State University; The last straws of the library; Reactions to the consolidation; Defending the consolidation; Managing library...
- The Oregon State story: Strategy or happenstance? Maksud, Michael G. // Quest (00336297);May98, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p166
Outlines the strategies which were used by the Oregon State University (OSU) for the creation of a role that would be consonant with the functions of a Carnegie I Research University. Description of the environmental factors influencing the strategy; Details on the curriculum offered by OSU;...
- Portland, Ore., Couple Endows Dairy Professorship. // Dairy Foods;Jan2011, Vol. 112 Issue 1, p36
The article reports on the 860,000 dollars donation of a couple in Portland, Oregon to Paul G. and Sandra A. Arbuthnot Professorship Fund in Oregon State University earmarked to create the Arbuthnot Dairy Center within the College of Agricultural Sciences, finance internships, and empower...
- Creating a university Web in a team environment. Davidson, Jeanne; Rusk, Cherie // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Jul96, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p302
Explores issues related to the organizational structure surrounding the team working on Oregon State University's (OSU) central World Wide Web site organization and design. Increase in demand for a high quality Web site; Process of the university's consistent representation throughout the site;...
- Running backward. Whiteside, Kelly; Reed, William F. // Sports Illustrated;10/4/93, Vol. 79 Issue 14, p56
States that, despite losing 33-0 to Arizona, Oregon State can still hold its head up high. What the Beavers can be proud of; Comment from Arizona coach Dick Tomey; Arizona's defensive end Tedy Bruschi; More.
- CAT scans uncover dinosaur mysteries. // Science Teacher;Nov94, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p17
Reports on the use of CAT scans by researchers at Oregon State University to solve dinosaur mysteries. Advantage; Impact of the CAT scans; Use of CAT scans as a part of a growing field of paleophysiology.
- Dorris, Felix and York now part of OSU's hazelnut varieties. Burnham, T. J. // Western Farmer-Stockman;Mar2012, Vol. 135 Issue 3, p10
The article offers information on the three new hazelnut varieties including, Dorris cultivar, and York and Felix pollinizers, developed under the breeding program of the Oregon State University.
- Transparent Transistors Nearing Commercialization. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;1/1/2015, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p56
The article focuses on the transparent transistors invented by the researchers at the Oregon State University (OSU) in 2002.