Webster Expands Public Finance Group
- New Web Services at Webster of Conn. Malhotra, Priya // American Banker;7/17/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 135, p13
Reports that Webster Financial Corp. of Waterbury, Connecticut has added investing and brokerage services to its web offerings and changed its web address to www.websteronline.com from www.websterbank.com. Other services offered by the web site; Views of Jeffrey N. Brown, executive vice...
- Webster Charts Course to Go It Alone. Kline, Alan // American Banker;5/7/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 88, p1
For 69 years Webster Financial Corp. has stuck close to home in Connecticut. But now it is charting a new course. The $15 billion-asset company opened its first Westchester County, New York, branch last month and expects to close its largest deal ever in mid-May, for the $2.7 billion-asset...
- Webster Financial Rebrands Wealth Planning Unit. Davis, Paul // American Banker;1/5/2015, Vol. 180 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the decision of Webster Financial to rebrand its wealth planning business Fleming, Perry & Cox as Webster Wealth Advisors in an attempt to integrate the unit with its Private Banking offering.
- Webster Bank Making Reforms after First Quarter Earnings Shortfall. Simpson, Alton Gary // National Mortgage News;5/7/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p6
The article reports on the plans of Webster Financial Corp., the holding company for Webster Bank NA to improve its financial performance in the U.S. According to James C. Smith, Webster chairman and chief executive officer, the company has started to execute changes with the aim of narrowing...
- Webster's Asset-Based Deal A Commercial, Regional Play. Agosta, Veronica // American Banker;5/21/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 97, p1
Details the business plans of Webster Financial Corp. in Connecticut. Effort of shedding the thrift image; Expansion into asset-based lending; Acquisition of IBJ Whitehall Business Credit Corp.
- PE Firm to Invest $115M in Webster. Barba, Robert // American Banker;7/28/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 143, p5
The article reports on the business activities of Webster Financial Corp. Webster Financial will be receiving a capital infusion of $115 million from Warburg Pincus LLC, a private-equity firm. The capital will come from Warburg in two installations, one in which Warburg purchases 4 million...
- Webster of Conn. to bolster name recognition with ads. Moyer, Liz // American Banker;4/6/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 64, p6
Reports on April 6, 1998 that Webster Financial Corporation is launching a branding campaign to `establish our personality,' using tactics that have become popular with the nation's biggest banking companies. Circumstances surrounding the move by Webster; Comments from Lynn Sauro, an assistant...
- Revenue Up Slightly At Webster Insurance . // American Banker;10/31/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 209, p8
Reports the increase of the third-quarter revenue at Webster Financial Corp. in the United States. Assessment on the insurance revenue; Personal lines offered by the Webster's Insurance; Exclusion of the annuity sales from the unit's revenue.
- Webster Fights to Defend Its No. 1 Spot in HSAs. Garmhausen, Steve // American Banker;5/15/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 92, p6
The article looks at how Webster Financial Corp. is trying to protect its position as the market leader in health savings accounts. HSA Bank, a division of Webster Bank, is the largest administrator of health savings accounts in the U.S. According to Kirk Hoewisch, HSA Bank's president, HSA Bank...