Enron's Financial Woes Spill Over Onto Two Texas Pension Funds
- Enron: The Power's Back On. Davies, Erin // Fortune;4/13/1998, Vol. 137 Issue 7, p24
Discusses how for the first time in years, Wall Street is enthusiastic about Enron, the world's leading integrated natural-gas and electricity company. The rise in the stock price; The reason for Wall Street's changed attitude; Financial data.
- Gujarat: Reforms equal investment? Roberts, Michael // Chemical Week;9/20/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 10, p58
Reports on the efforts of the government of the Indian state of Gujarat to encourage foreign investments. Impact of the cancellation of Houston, Texas-based Enron's plan to build a power complex in Maharashtra state, India; Campaign against corruption; Revamp on Gujarat's industrial policies.
- Tie-In Sales May Have Strange Consequences. Bobo, Jack // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;12/10/2001, Vol. 102 Issue 50, p47
Comments on the consequences of tie-in of loans and investment sales that was illustrated on the problem experienced by Enron. Impact of the enactment of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Financial Services Modernization Act; Concerns regarding the enactment of the act.
- Prudence and Diversification Revisited -- ERISA Section 404(c) Protection in the Wake of Enron. Scheidt, Kathleen Sheil; Wolfe, David L. // Employee Benefits Journal;Mar2003, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p23
Highlights some of the concerns raised by the bankruptcy of Enron company. Implications of offering certain investment alternatives; Developments related to participant investment education and advice; Suggestions for strengthening compliance with Section 404 (c) of the Employee Retirement...
- Enron Investors Vs. Banks: How It May Play Out. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;4/11/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 69, p1
Focuses on the role of the investment banks in the bankruptcy of Enron Corp. in Washington, D.C. Details on the overstatement of assets; Analysis of the financial reports of Enron Corp.; Assessment on the business documents of Enron Corp.
- Enron Fallout Reaches Connecticut; CRRA Advisers Slapped With Lawsuit. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;3/19/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31347, p32
Focuses on the lawsuit filed against the law firms handling investment of Connecticut Resources Recovery Authority to Enron Corp. in Connecticut. Allegation of negligence and carelessness to Murtha Cullina and Hawkins, Delafield & Wood; Losses of the firm brought by the demise of Enron; Lawyers...
- Analysts, Bankers to Testify on Enron. Heller, Michele // American Banker;2/25/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 37, p2
Focuses on the policy issues regarding the bankruptcy of Enron Corp. in the U.S. Investigation of relationships between investment bankers and Enron executives; Discussion of bill introduced by Chairman Michael G. Oxley; Schedules of hearing.
- Comparing Enron, Citron. // Orange County Business Journal;4/29/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p63
Focuses on the similarities of the investment strategies between Enron Corp. and Citron. Misstatement of actual earnings; Ineffectiveness of the corporate boards; Incompetence of the external auditors.
- Political Returns. Lynch, Michael W. // Reason;Apr2002, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p18
Focuses on issues regarding Enron Corp. bankruptcy scandal. Effect of the bankruptcy of Enron on its employees and investors; Discussion of the involvement of U.S. President George W. Bush in the issue; Retirement plans of Enron employees that have been lost with the bankruptcy.