Little Rock Airport Decides to Drop Liability Insurance Coverage
- Legal rule change would hurt policyholders, attorney says. Lenckus, Dave // Business Insurance;05/11/98, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p3
Reports that a policyholder attorney contended that liability insurance policyholders should be outraged at a pending legal rule that would determine the allegiance of their defence attorneys. Indication that this rule is expected to be approved in May 1998 by the American Law Institute (ALI);...
- Environmental liability market seeing clear skies. Unsworth, Edwin // Business Insurance;05/11/98, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p48
States that insurance market for environmental impairment has made a change in a number of years since its virtual collapse in the mid-1980s. What percentage coverage rates are falling by; Views of Ana Maria Zalles Moore, senior vice president in New York of environmental global brokering for...
- Covering intended and expected bodily injury. Mangan, Joseph F. // Insurance Advocate;08/24/96, Vol. 107 Issue 33, p12
Discusses the debate in New York's insurance industry over the wording of the Broad Form Comprehensive General Liability Endorsement where a provision specifically included coverage for bodily injury caused by assault and battery under specific circumstances. Analysis of coverage for claims of...
- Personal umbrella policies grow in popularity as liability fears mount. Miller, Laura Novello // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/10/94, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p5B
Discusses the personal umbrella insurance policy used to raise liability protection. Factors behind its growing popularity; Prices; Persons who will benefit from personal umbrella policies.
- Commercial general liability. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;10/21/96 Supplement Short Cuts, Vol. 100 Issue 43, p52
Presents a list of commercial general liability insurance companies in the United States.
- Directors & officers liability. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;10/21/96 Supplement Short Cuts, Vol. 100 Issue 43, p67
Presents a list of directors, and officers liability insurance companies in the United States.
- Umbrella & excess liability. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;10/21/96 Supplement Short Cuts, Vol. 100 Issue 43, p112
Presents a list of umbrella and excess liability insurance companies in the United States.
- UNEARTHING historical environmental liability policies. Hamilton, Jim; Russell, William // Canadian Underwriter;Jan2003, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p36
Examines environmental liability insurance policies in Canada. Information on insurance claims related to the clean-up of contamination produced by companies; Factors to consider in the settlement value of environmental claims; Details on cases related to environmental liability claims in the...
- Nevada court upholds pollution exclusion. // Business Insurance;6/19/95, Vol. 29 Issue 25, p20
Reports on the Nevada Supreme Court ruling in `Aerolite Chrome Corp. vs. Hartford Insurance Co.,' that the absolute pollution exclusion clause in commercial general liability policies bars coverage for environmental contamination. Facts and issues of the case.