Public Power Stays Steady
- In hot water. // Credit Management;Aug2007, p34
The article discusses the challenges presented by unpaid changes in the utilities sector and examines the need for first class credit management in Great Britain. It is stated that the first challenge for utility company is to decide whether a customer is lacking the financial means to settle a...
- Help! We need a credit department! Schmitz, Frances E. // Business Credit;Mar1997, Vol. 99 Issue 3, p32
Comments on the necessity of a credit department in an organization with specific focus on the establishment of a credit policy. Management's role in determining how credit will be extended; Need for credit applications; Importance of accurate record keeping; How to handle past due and...
- Statements to the Congress. LaWare, John P. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;May93, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p466
Discusses the topic of regulatory burden and the efforts of the Federal Reserve and other regulatory agencies to reduce burden administratively. John P. LaWare's speech before the Subcommittee on Commerce, Consumer and Monetary Affairs of the Committee on Government Operations, United States...
- Statements to the Congress. Greenspan, Alan // Federal Reserve Bulletin;May93, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p473
Discusses the availability of bank credit to small businesses. Alan Greenspan's speech before the House Committee on Small Business, 1993; Outlook for the economy; Dependence on banks; Decline in business loans; Sources of tighter credit availability; Acceleration of nonperforming loans; Role of...
- Banking initiatives ease credit. // Mortgage Banking;Aug93, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p7
Reports on the initiatives contained in President Bill Clinton's credit availment package. Changes in bank valuation of real estate collateral; Specifics of tax measures; Reaction from mortgage industry leaders.
- Establishing a credit policy--part 1. Ash, Tony // Credit Control;1997, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p13
Discusses the practicability of establishing a credit policy for companies. Concept of credit policy; Function and objectives of credit control; Measurement of performance.
- News and views. // Credit Control;1997, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p3
Reports on developments related to credit policy in Great Britain as of July 1997. Drop in the half yearly business failure rate; East Midlands' largest drop in business failures; Publication of The Court Service Annual Report for 1996 to 1997; List of the key performance indicators achieved...
- Establishing a credit policy--part 2. Ash, Tony // Credit Control;1997, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p15
Part II. Describes ways of establishing a credit policy in Great Britain. List of methods of payment; Provision on credit account applications; Approaches to account collection; Information on credit limitations; Outline of the timescales for resolving account queries.
- Untitled. Baker, Carol // Credit Control;1998, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p2
Editorial. Comments on the need for the implementation of a careful process for selecting and recruiting employees in credit control. Recommendation to use solutions such as the Employment Referencing Service to assist in the selection process.