Sony, Fuji develop 200MB floppy drive with complete backward compatibility
- Sony and Fuji to add third high-capacity drive to the fray. Schwartz, Ephraim // InfoWorld;10/27/97, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p44
Introduces the High Capacity Floppy Disk developed by Sony Corp. and Fuji Photo Film Co. Ltd. Features and capabilities; Contact information.
- New competition for ZIP. // Computing Japan;Dec97, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p11
Reports that Sony Corp. and Fuji Photo Film Co. has announced the development of `HiFD,' a 3.5-inch floppy disk system with a storage capacity of 200 MB and transfer rate of 3.6 MB per second. Features of the disk system; Support from Alps Electric Co. and TEAC Corp. on the disk's specifications.
- Floppy stores 200MB. Bannan, Karen J. // PC Week;10/20/97, Vol. 14 Issue 44, p20
Announces the High-Capacity Floppy Disk system from Sony Corp. and Fuji Photo Film Co. that could challenge Iomega Corp.'s Zip drive. The disk system being a 3.5-inch, 200MB floppy disk system; The disk system having been co-developed by Sony and Fuji Photo Film; How the HiFD marks a new...
- SuperDisk: Evolutionary, revolutionary diskette technology from Imation Corp. // Link-Up;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p33
Introduces SuperDisk drive and diskette from Imation Corp. Its features; Capabilities; Availability and costs.
- Unbeatable list up for rental. // Precision Marketing;2/25/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p24
This article reports that Independent Direct Marketing has updated its website Unbeatable.co.uk file. The site offers savings on electrical and domestic appliances, featuring brands such as Sony Corp., Canon Inc. and Fuji Photo Film Co. Ltd. Names are recruited via the Internet, and through...
- ACCESSORIES. // Flare (Pakistan);7/15/2013, p96
The article offers brief information on several electronic gadgets including the Samsung Galaxy S4 Android phone from Samsung Group, Sony 4K organic light-emitting diode (OLED) TV from Sony Corp., and Fujifilm X100S camera from Fuji Photo Film Co. Ltd.
- Sony Says Goodbye to Storage Icon, Floppy Disks. // Channel Insider;4/27/2010, p1
The article announces that Sony Corp. will stop selling floppy disk.
- This month in Labsâ€¦ Tough love. Race, Nick // APC (Bauer Media Group);Jan2008, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p27
The article presents the author's satire on different aspects of personal computer (PC) maintenance. It is stated that plugging in a floppy disk drive's power cable upside down destroys the drive and the motherboard. According to the author, though it makes one jump, accidentally putting his or...
- Punchy PC. // Management Services;Mar1992, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p45
The article presents information on the Punchy PC computer system. The new 486-based personal computer with a price tag of Â£1665, 102MB hard disk, 4MB RAM and 14 inch Super VGA monitor. The impressive specification is typical of the maker and also includes 64KB external and 8KB internal cache...