Outgoing Virginia Governor Pushes $1 Billion Bond Plan for Higher Ed
- Road bill could pave the way for larger DOT issue. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/31/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30610, p4
Reports that Virginia Governor James Gilmore has signed a pared-down road bond bill. Raising of the debt authorization for two highway programs; Backing from appropriations from the general fund.
- Virginia: Roanoke's Share. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/10/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31301, p31
Reports on the announcement of Virginia's governor James S. Gilmore that he has awarded a portion of the state's private-activity bond allocation to the city of Roanoke. Amount of the bond that the city will use to issue tax-exempt bonds for area development; Administrators of the state's...
- Deal in Focus: Oregon Bringing Record 'Baccalaureate Bond' Issue to Market. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;11/30/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31275, p49
Reports that the state of Oregon plans to bring $200 million in general obligation bonds to market in early December 2001 in order to fund higher education construction projects. Credit rating of the state; Inclination of the bonds towards small investors; Purchase of the bonds at an original...
- Paving Virginia's Future. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;04/06/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30865, p1
Focuses on Virginia General Assembly's approval of a bill authorizing Virginia to issue grant anticipation revenue vehicle bonds. Pressure from frustrated motorists; Speculation on Governor James Gilmore's stand on the bill; Funds for transport needs of the state.
- Officials: Kansas plan won't affect Board of Regents' bonds. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;03/10/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30595, p4
Reports on Kansas officials' assurance that the state's ability to pay debt service on outstanding bonds sold for the Board of Regents will not be jeopardized by a plan to restructure Kansas' higher education system. Goal to improve higher education by providing leadership, supervision, and...
- Pennsylvania Higher Ed System Sells $88 Million of Revenue Bonds. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;5/15/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31636, p34
Pennsylvania's State System of Higher Education sold 88.1 million dollar competitive revenue bonds that contains 49 million dollar in refunding. The Series 2003X revenue bonds, to be sold through the Pennsylvania Higher Educational Facilities Authority, will refund about 10 million dollar of...
- Okla. Seeks to Salvage $30M of Court-Cancelled $175M Deal. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;6/18/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31659, p36
Following the Oklahoma supreme court's decision to halt plans for the Oklahoma Capitol Improvement Authority to sell 175 million dollars of lease revenue bonds for more than 500 state projects, that authority is trying to save 30 million dollars of the deal intended for higher education projects...
- U. of Mo. Lowered. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/5/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31755, p31
Reports on the declining bond ratings of the University of Missouri Board of Curators and the University of Missouri System. Trading of facilities revenue bonds; Commitment of the university to higher education; Factors affecting credit quality.
- Texas Board Readies $75 Million GO Sale for Student Loans. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/27/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31272, p4
Reports on the competitive sale of $75 million of general obligation bonds by an organization Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. Reason behind the sale of bonds; Co-financial advisers and bond counsel of the board; Programs that will be funded by the sale of bonds.