Nov. Wholesale Sales Flat; Inventories Off
- Wholesale Sales, Inventories Fall. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;11/8/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31261, p2
Reports on decrease in inventories of merchant wholesalers smaller than expected in September 2001. Decline observed in sales; Increase in inventories-to-sales ratio.
- Wholesale Sales Slip 0.8%; Inventories Increase 0.3%. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;7/12/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33746, p2
The article presents information on a report which highlights that the merchant wholesaler sales dropped by 0.8 percent to 409.6 billion U.S. dollars for the month of May 2012 in the U.S. and also informs that the inventories witnessed a growth of 0.3 percent to 484.1 billion U.S. dollars.
- News In Brief: Wholesale Sales, Inventories Fall. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;2/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31322, p2
Reports on the decline in inventories of merchant wholesalers in the U.S. in December 2001. Percent decline in the wholesale sales; Percent change in the inventories of durable goods; Inventories-to-sales ratio in December 2001.
- Rethinking inventory management. Friedman // Supply House Times;Jul99, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p96
Outlines some of the varied symptoms of an outdated inventory management system. Indications of problems within distributor's company; Value of inventory-management systems for distributors; Considerations when updating or rethinking inventory management system.
- Wholesale Sales Rise Inventories Unchanged. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;02/09/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31074, p2
Provides updates on the inventories of merchant wholesalers in the United States from November to December 2000. Statistics on inventories of durable and non-durable goods; Sales of merchant wholesalers; Information on petroleum sales and sales of farm products.
- Open-Stock: Myth or Legend? Stainbrook, Craig // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;Jul2000, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p21
Takes a look at the reasons why some suppliers provide inventory-management services in the United States. Tool for attracting or keeping customers; Myths about management of open-stock items; Savings from the conversion of `closed stock' to `open-stock.'
- Inventory cost accounting systems: Which do you use? McNamara, A.J. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;May2003, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p6A
Offers advice on how safety distributors could manage their inventory and improve profitability. Assessment of the company's computer inventory program has some options to run reports on slow or dead inventory; Information that should be included in such a report; Focus on the goal of...
- Wholesale Inventories Kept Rising in October. // American Banker;12/10/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 236, p24
Reports that wholesale companies in the United States have experienced an increase in inventory.
- ADA puts its computer ducks in a row. Morris, Chris // Billboard;8/10/96, Vol. 108 Issue 32, p54
Focuses on Alternative Distribution Alliance's (ADA) inventory-management system for its distributed labels. Information provided by the system; Developments concerning the company's recording artists.