South Carolina School District Hopes Innovative Plan Holds Up
- Wisconsin School Debt Up 383% Since 1991. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/4/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31461, p36
Reports the level of debt issued by the school districts in Wisconsin. Disclosure of the amount by the Wisconsin Taxpayers Alliance; Percentage of debt increase.
- Another Wisconsin School District Gets Downgraded. SHIELDS, YVETTE // Bond Buyer;8/5/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33362, p7
The article reports that Kimberly, Wisconsin Area School District's general obligation debt has been lowered this week one notch to Aa3 by Moody's Investors Service Inc..
- School Push. // Bond Buyer;8/22/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31704, p35
Reports that after failing to pass a debt referendum Merced City School District in California will try to approve general obligation bond measure. Selection of consultant Janis Hahn to spearhead a public information program to convince voters; Percentage of vote required for the approval.
- Pontiac Schools Closer to Takeover. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;8/6/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33957, p6
The article offers information on a report from a review team from Michigan which highlights the failure of Pontiac City School District in Detroit, Michigan to repay the debt levied on it which covers payroll expenses and also declared that the school district is under financial emergency.
- Colorado School District Readies $102M of GOs With BABs. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/17/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33267, p7
The article reports that Cherry Creek School District in Colorado will go to market 101.8 million of general obligation debt that includes 86.7 million of taxable Build America Bonds.
- LAUSD Checks Into Hotel. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;12/7/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31280, p1
Reports on the plans of Unified School District in Los Angeles, California to issue debt to acquire Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles, California to build new schools. Requirements to be fulfilled for acquiring the hotel; Various options to build schools; Underwriter and bond counsel of the deal.
- BCISD eyes raising debt service balance. Denney, Lorene // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);7/21/2010, Vol. 138 Issue 29, p1A
The article reports on the proposal heard by the Burnet Consolidated Independence School District (BCISD) board in Burnet, Texas on July 19, 2010 which is to increase the district's debt service rate and learned the various dates when school activities begin.
- Texas school districts find hurdles in debt service program. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;04/16/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30373, p5
Focuses on hurdles faced by Texas school districts seeking to benefit from a state program to help pay debt service. Inadequacy of public notice; Failure to properly structure the lease-purchase deals; Use of the funding for improper purposes.
- Ohio's Eyes Are on Dayton. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/4/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31649, p1
This article reports on the plan of the Dayton City School District in Ohio to sell bonds in the week starting June 2, 2003, as financiers struggle with revised state school funding rules and complex federal tax regulations in order to take advantage of favorable market conditions. Whether that...