Worldwide electronic document market continues growth
- Save Time and Money through Data Management. Monti, Katherine L. // Applied Clinical Trials;Oct2001, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p54
Evaluates the performance of data management. Benefits of data management; Efficacy of database design; Steps on cost savings; Detection of data problems in multivariate data check; Standards that increase programming efficiencies.
- The PROs and CONs of stand-alone minicomputers for trust work. Brennan, Peter J. // ABA Banking Journal;Jan1980, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p92
Focuses on the importance of computer in the bank industry of the U.S. Improvement of the bank process; Automation of bank operations; Developments of the data processing.
- Software pirates pillage hospitals' computer systems. Dunn, Philip // AHA News;04/14/97, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p5
Discusses the problem of pirating of software in the computer systems of hospitals in the United States. Efforts by the Business Software Alliance and the Software Publishing Association to chase down potential copyright violators; Growing problem of copyright infringement.
- Windows-based on-line credit interchange: The future is now. Finnessy, John C. // Business Credit;Jan1997, Vol. 99 Issue 1, p24
Focuses on an on-line credit interchange system which would reduce the credit interchange cycle and provide immediate access to single credit reports. Description of the interchange program; Hardware requirements; Remote access to the system; Who the system was developed by.
- MERNET--What's in it for me? // Builders Merchants Journal;Jan1997, MERNET News p3
Looks at some of the business transactions that can be exchanged using Electronic Data Interchange (EDI). Belief that EDI is a cost reduction process; Description of how EDI works.
- Computer consultants. // Fairfield County Business Journal;05/25/98, Vol. 37 Issue 21, p12
Lists the largest computer consultants based in Fairfield County, Connecticut ranked by the number of employees. Name, address and telephone number; Number of employees; Services offered; Local executive and year established.
- Computer experts for hire. Strange, Julia // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/4/93, Vol. 14 Issue 27, Magazine p8C
Discusses the services offered by computer consultants. Hiring of contract programmers to fill temporary manpower requirements; Expertise on specific technologies; Costs per hour; USA Group's demand for computer consultants; Establishment of consulting companies.
- Mission research and the path to CD-ROM: Report on the global quest to share information. Smith, A. Christopher // International Bulletin of Missionary Research;Oct95, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p146
Reports on the need to make mission research materials available on a global scale. Work of the International Association for Mission Studies' Documentation, Archives and Bibliography Working Group; Forum for discussing electronic development of missiological bibliography, databases,...
- `Count the worshipers!' The new science of missiometrics. Barrett, David B. // International Bulletin of Missionary Research;Oct95, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p154
Reports on the science of missiometrics. Application of empirical, quantitative and metrical aspects of the scientific method to the phenomena of missions; Examination of rationale and function; Arguments against the use of numbers in Christian work; Biblical imperatives to counting.
- A Jeffersonian vision for mapping the world. Wood, William B. // Issues in Science & Technology;Fall97, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p81
Comments on the geospatial approach to organizing data. Geospatial accuracy, appropriate scale and currency; Geospatial data management system; Global Spatial Data Infrastructure (GSDI); Focus of the second GSDI effort.