- The CD/ROM drive sales index. // EMedia Professional;Dec97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p20
Presents the worldwide Compact Disc/Digital Video Disc-Read Only Memory (CD/DVD-ROM) unit shipments as of the second quarter of 1997.
- CD-ROM growth still high despite retail difficulties. // CD-ROM Professional;Jul95, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p16
Focuses on three industry reports forecasting continued growth in both CD-ROM hardware and software sales in 1995. Includes the Freeman Report `Optical Data Storage Outlook,' on the number of drives shipped out in 1994; InfoTech's `1994 Optical Publishing Industry Assessment' report on growth...
- CD-ROM in 1994--The year ahead. Beiser, Karl // Online;Jan94, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p109
Presents forecasts on CD-ROM technology as of January 1994. Options for Information service configuration; CD-ROM format compatibility problems; Converting text to digital form; Hardware upgrades caused by multimedia; Overload of the parallel port; Low-end drives; Distribution of extensions and...
- The growing numbers gap for CD-Recordable. Herther, Nancy K. // CD-ROM Professional;May96, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p101
Questions the reliability of forecast data on Compact Disc-Recordable (CD-R) unit shipments. Changing dynamics of the field of market research; Motivation to skew studies resulting from a study; Tendency of interested parties to boost the numbers; Disparity between positive and negative...
- CD-ROM drive prices could drop by half in '94, experts say. Corcoran, Cate; Francis, Bob // InfoWorld;3/28/94, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p36
Reports on the projected decrease in the prices of CD-ROM drives in 1994. Increase in user demands; Amount of reduction in quadruple-speed drives; IDE-based drives to help lower prices; Entry of more manufacturers in the market; Popularity of CD-ROMs; Number of units projected to be shipped in...
- On the horizon: 3.3G-byte and erasable CDs. Paul, Lauren Gibbons // PC Week;11/14/94, Vol. 11 Issue 45, p165
Presents Dataquest Inc. analyst Patty Chang's forecast for the CD ROM drive market. Potential of 3.3G-byte disk capacity and erasable drives.
- InfoTech forecasts high density CD-ROM will accelerate industry growth. Pemberton, Heather // CD-ROM Professional;Jan1995, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p20
Reports on the predicted impact of high-density CD-ROMs to the industry made by InfoTech president Julie Schwerin. Anticipated installed video CD capable drives by 1999; Factors considered.
- DVD drive sales expected to impact sales of other optical storage solutions. // EMedia Professional;Feb98, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p12
Reports that CD-ROM drive shipments are expected to begin a steady decline in 1998.
- IRMA expects another strong year for CD-ROM. Block, Debbie Galante // EMedia Professional;Aug98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p12
Reports on International Recording Media Association's expectations of a 12-percent increase in CD-ROM replication.