DVD drive sales expected to impact sales of other optical storage solutions
- The CD-ROM drive sales index. // EMedia Professional;Jul98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p14
Presents information on the CD-ROM drives industry as of July 1998. Sales of CD-ROM drives for the years 1993 to 1997.
- The rise of optical. // InfoWorld;8/21/95, Vol. 17 Issue 34, p72
Presents a graph that forecasts shipments of optical disc drives by the year 2000.
- CD-ROM growth still high despite retail difficulties. // CD-ROM Professional;Jul95, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p16
Focuses on three industry reports forecasting continued growth in both CD-ROM hardware and software sales in 1995. Includes the Freeman Report `Optical Data Storage Outlook,' on the number of drives shipped out in 1994; InfoTech's `1994 Optical Publishing Industry Assessment' report on growth...
- CD-ROM in 1994--The year ahead. Beiser, Karl // Online;Jan94, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p109
Presents forecasts on CD-ROM technology as of January 1994. Options for Information service configuration; CD-ROM format compatibility problems; Converting text to digital form; Hardware upgrades caused by multimedia; Overload of the parallel port; Low-end drives; Distribution of extensions and...
- The growing numbers gap for CD-Recordable. Herther, Nancy K. // CD-ROM Professional;May96, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p101
Questions the reliability of forecast data on Compact Disc-Recordable (CD-R) unit shipments. Changing dynamics of the field of market research; Motivation to skew studies resulting from a study; Tendency of interested parties to boost the numbers; Disparity between positive and negative...
- The score? DVD: I, CD-ROM: I. // EMedia Professional;Feb98, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p12
Reports that digital videodisc drive shipments are expected to equal CD-ROM drive shipments by 1999.
- CD-ROM drive prices could drop by half in '94, experts say. Corcoran, Cate; Francis, Bob // InfoWorld;3/28/94, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p36
Reports on the projected decrease in the prices of CD-ROM drives in 1994. Increase in user demands; Amount of reduction in quadruple-speed drives; IDE-based drives to help lower prices; Entry of more manufacturers in the market; Popularity of CD-ROMs; Number of units projected to be shipped in...
- On the horizon: 3.3G-byte and erasable CDs. Paul, Lauren Gibbons // PC Week;11/14/94, Vol. 11 Issue 45, p165
Presents Dataquest Inc. analyst Patty Chang's forecast for the CD ROM drive market. Potential of 3.3G-byte disk capacity and erasable drives.
- STEC Seeks To Diversify After Big EMC Pullback. TOLKOFF, SARAH // Orange County Business Journal;3/1/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p1
The article focuses on a fall in sales of flash drives maker STEC Inc. because of a drop in orders from its customer EMC Corp. It states that the company's projection of sales and profit for the first quarter of 2010 dropped by half of what was expected, and it has now planned to sell solid...