Pioneer proposes DVD-R/W
- In DVD's own. Bennett, Hugh // EMedia Professional;Jul98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p31
Focuses on the Digital Video Disc-Recordable (DVD-R) market as of July 1998. DVD-R as the slowest growing sector of the DVD market; Background on the DVD-R technology; Construction of DVD-R; Internal disc arrangement; DVD-R recording process; Optimum power control; Capacity limiting factors. ...
- WhattoWatch: VIDEO & DVD. // Entertainment Weekly;05/04/2001, Issue 594, p49
Presents several digital video disc releases as of May 4, 2001.
- DVD ready for prime time in the Big Three. Scally, Robert // Discount Store News;11/23/98, Vol. 37 Issue 22, p33
Looks into the market potential of digital video discs (DVD) in the United States. Possibility of reaching critical mass by the 1998 Christmas season; Testing of DVD rentals at Blockbuster, Hollywood Video and other video chains; Marketing strategies.
- DVD-dilemma at retail. Stalter, Katharine // Variety;7/15/96, Vol. 363 Issue 10, p36
Reports on developments related to entertainment companies' marketing strategies for their digital videodisc (DVD) products. Marketing-related problems encountered by the companies; Industry executives' comments.
- In the meantime... Nathans, Stephen F. // EMedia Professional;Apr98, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on developments on the digital versatile disk (DVD) market presented at Online Inc.'s DVD Professional conference held in February 1998 in Orlando, Florida. Features and price of Pioneer's DVD-V7200; Projections on the number of DVD-ROM-equipped personal computers by 2002.
- Current DVD-ROM drives. // EMedia Professional;Apr98, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p14
Features the digital versatile disk (DVD)-ROM drives by several manufacturers. Includes Hitachi Ltd.; LG Electronics; Mitsumi Electronics Corp.; Sony Corp.
- DVD-Video: Much more than VHS. Waldrep, Mark // EMedia Professional;Aug98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p88
Focuses on developments related to digital versatile disc (DVD)-Video technologies. Increase in DVD production; Features of the DVD-Video disc designed by AIX Entertainment for Sonic Solutions; Applications of DVD-Video.
- DVD: Not a never-ending story. Nathans, Stephen F. // EMedia Professional;Oct98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p6
Focuses on the development of digital video disk (DVD) market. Advances from blue laser technology; Market for DVD products; DVD's relegation as a transitional movie medium.
- The Rewritable DVD Follies. Parker, Dana J. // EMedia Professional;Oct98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p88
Focuses on the formats of rewritable digital videodisc (DVD). Alternatives to DVD-RAM: Compatibility with DVD hardware; Issues related to the multiple DVD formats.