Congress Fails to Act on Medicare
- A closer look at the MEDS Act. // Drug Utilization Review;Apr2002, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p27
Provides information on the prescription legislation Medicare Drug and Service Coverage Act of 2002 in the United States.
- Forecasting 2002. Bachenheimer, Cara C. // HomeCare Magazine;Jan2002, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p74
Forecasts the status of Medicare reform and home care providers in the U.S. in 2002. Debate that will continue through 2002; Delay of controversial legislation to add prescription drug coverage to Medicare until 2002; Reason House Republicans did not unveil a prescription drug proposal in 2001.
- Prescription Benefits under Medicare Are Debated. Hess, Glenn // Chemical Market Reporter;10/25/1999, Vol. 256 Issue 17, pFR6
Focuses on a debate over how to implement a prescription drug benefit for the elderly as part of an expanded Medicare program in the U.S. Information on Medicare; Stand of the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America; Investment of the pharmaceutical industry in research and...
- drug card setback highlights need for cost relief. Gundling, Richard L. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Apr2003, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p50
Discusses the implications of the Medicare prescription drug program in the United States. Definition of drug card setback; Need for a solution to the nation's problem of prescription drug coverage; Potential benefits of the initiative.
- When election smoke clears, industry concerns will emerge. Frederick, James // Drug Store News;11/27/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p1
Deals with the Medicare reform and prescription drug benefits for senior citizens in the United States. Remarks from Craig Fuller, president and chief executive of the National Association of Chain Drug Stores; Commitment of the association to work with both political parties in the country;...
- Parties disagree on prescription drug coverage plans. Gatty, Bob // Urology Times;May2003, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p62
Reports on U.S. Republican and Democratic parties' disagreement on prescription drug coverage plans for Medicare patients. Republicans' warning on financial problems in the Medicare; Democrats' accusations against Republicans's effort to justify its plan to privatize the Medicare program; Drug...
- Bush's Medicare drug plan draws mixed reactions. // Drug Topics;3/17/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 6, p9
Reports on varied reactions to U.S. President Bush's Medicare prescription drug proposal. Store chains that gave a positive rating to Bush's Medicare drug plan; Pharmacy associations' concern about a discount card program that fails to provide benefits to seniors; Choices for seniors under...
- Cancer Drug Reimbursement Facing Possible Reform. Gatty, Bob // Dermatology Times;Jul2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the possible approval of a prescription drug program for Medicare recipients in the U.S. Determination of payments for cancer drugs and therapeutic services; Provision of a prescription drug coverage for seniors; Reduction of reimbursement rates for chemotherapy drugs.
- A clear mandate for collaboration. Griffin, Marie // Drug Store News;11/27/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p10
Explains the controversy of Medicare reform and prescription drug benefits for senior citizens in the United States. Remarks from Craig Fuller, president and chief executive of the National Association of Chain Drug Stores; Expectations of the association to the elected officials in the country.