The Relationship of Verbal-Nonverbal Incongruence to Communication Mismatches in Married Couples
- A field of silence. Lambert, Page // Marriage Partnership;Spring96, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p34
Relates the author's frustrations regarding emotional support in her marriage. Realizing emotions trapped in silence; Difficulty in bringing up the feeling of sadness; Asking each other for emotional support.
- 5 times to avoid email. Carlson, Colette // Administrative Professional Today;Mar2016, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p7
The article discusses five cases when one must forgo e-mail and deliver a message in person or over the phone which include if one is angry or irritated, if one believes there is any potential for misunderstanding, and if one is concerned that one's message might hurt the other person's feelings.
- SOCIAL RELATIONSHIPS, EMOTIONAL CLOSENESS, AND LONELINESS AMONG OLDER MEAL PROGRAM PARTICIPANTS. Hall-Elston, Claudia; Mulling, Larry C. // Social Behavior & Personality: An International Journal;1999, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p503
This study examines the social interactions older persons have with their children, spouses, and/or friends, the perceived emotional closeness present in these social relationships and the extent to which these relationships influence feelings of loneliness. Data from the participants were...
- Are You Saying...? Chapman, Gary D. // Marriage Partnership;Summer2005, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p11
Emphasizes the importance of communication in marriage. Possibility of preventing misunderstandings between a married couple; Clarification of messages being spoken; Significance of listening in communication.
- save your marriage now. Patz, Aviva; Herr, Laurie // Health (Time Inc. Health);Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p101
Provides information on the use of Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) for married couples. Background on attachment injury; Effect of EFT on troubled relationship based on studies conducted by psychology professor Susan Johnson and several colleagues; Details of the experiences of couple Rob and...
- AwKward marriage moments! Ruddy, Erin Zammett // Redbook;Aug2011, Vol. 217 Issue 2, p164
The article describes certain embarrassing and ridiculous encounters reported by married couples. A married woman writes that during their first holiday as a married couple her husband, who is 6-foot-3 and about 220 pounds, lost his footing on a step and fell flat. She says that was the first...
- Mad About You! Oliver, Gary; Oliver, Carrie; Stoop, David; Stoop, Jan // Marriage Partnership;Spring2004, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p34
Presents tips on how to make anger work in marriage. Categories of anger; Acceptance of responsibility; Identification of the source and cause of the anger.
- BOLEÄŒINA ZARADI ZAVRÅ½ENOSTI: AFEKTIVNA DINAMIKA NEZVESTOBE IN RELACIJSKA DRUÅ½INSKA PARADIGMA. Novak, Barbara // Socialno Delo;dec2012, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p389
Affective background of marital infidelity in the context of family therapy is presented. The results of this analysis from the point of view of the therapeutic process of a married couple show the values attributed to the meaning of affects and affective psychical constructs that protect the...
- Hemodiyaliz HastasÄ± Olan Bir EÅŸle YaÅŸamak: EÅŸlerin YaÅŸamlarÄ±ndaki Gelgitler. MERİÇ, Meltem; OFLAZ, Fahriye // Journal of Psychiatric Nursing / Psikiyatri Hemsireleri Dernegi;2013, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p21
Objectives: The purpose of this study was to explain the experiences, feelings and perceptions of wives of patients on hemodialysis. Methods: The study was performed between February 10 and May 15, 2008 in the nephrology department of a training hospital. A total of 15 wives, who were willing to...