Desarrollo embriolÃ³gico y evoluciÃ³n anatomofisiolÃ³gica del corazÃ³n (Primera Parte)
- Post-infarct rupture of the membranous ventricular septum complicated by left atrial dissection. Kirsch, E. W. M.; Vermes, E.; Loisance, D. Y. // Heart;Mar2006, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p356
The article presents a medical case of a 56-year-old man who developed a cardiogenic shock 24 hours after postero-inferior myocardial infarction. Transoesophageal echocardiography showed a complex basal ventricular septal rupture at the level of the membranous septum. the rupture was accompanied...
- Mouse models: Going straight for the heart. Skipper, Magdalena // Nature Reviews Genetics;Nov2003, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p853
Focuses on a study which examined the role of Bmp4 in heart development. Physiological mechanism of Bmp4; Significance of Bmp4 to embryonic development; Effect of Bmp4 levels on atrioventricular septation and heart septum formation.
- Relations of longitudinal left ventricular systolic function to left ventricular mass, load, and Doppler stroke volume. Palmieri, Vittorio; Russo, Cesare; Arezzi, Emma; Pezzullo, Salvatore; Sabatella, Maria; Minichiello, Stefana; Celentano, Aldo // European Journal of Echocardiography;Oct2006, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p348
Abstract: Aims: To evaluate whether the peak systolic velocities of the displacement of the lateral mitral anulus (S a) and of the mid-portion of the interventricular septal wall (S m) correlate with measures of left ventricular load, left ventricular mass, and Doppler stroke volume in...
- Determinants of outcome in pulmonary atresia with intact ventricular septum prenatally detected. // Cardiology in the Young;May2005 Supplement 2, Vol. 15 Issue S2, p18
The article presents a study to identify fetal echocardiographic features useful to predict the outcome in pulmonary atresia with intact ventricular septum (PAIVS) when prenatally detected. The results show that uni- or bi-partite right ventricle, presence of ventriculocoronary connections...
- Three-dimensional ultrasound STIC-HDlive rendering: new technique to assessing of fetal heart. Júnior, Edward Araujo; Machado Nardozza, Luciano Marcondes; Moron, Antonio Fernandes // Brazilian Journal of Cardiovascular Surgery;2013, Vol. 28 Issue 4, pV
The author discusses the three-dimensional ultrasound HDlive rendering mode with spatiotemporal image correlation (STIC), for assessing fetal heart. Topics discussed include use of HDlive for assessing development of fetus and cases of fetal malformations, use of STIC for assessing...
- The downward spiral of cardiogenic shock. Hands, ME; Rutherford, JD // Patient Care;9/30/1994, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p24
Discusses myocardial damage as the basic problem of cardiogenic shock. Deterioration upon crossing of threshold level; Description of a positive feedback.
- Cardiogenic Shock. Califf, Robert M.; Bengtson, James R. // New England Journal of Medicine;6/16/94, Vol. 330 Issue 24, p1724
Discusses various aspects of cardiogenic shock. Definition; Pathophysiology; Clinical epidemiology; Clinical assessment; Intraaortic balloon pumping; Thrombolytic therapy; Percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty; Conclusions.
- Desarrollo embriolÃ³gico y evoluciÃ³n anatomofisiolÃ³gica del corazÃ³n (Segunda parte). Gómez-Gómez, Manuel; Danglot-Banck, Cecilia; Santamaría-Díaz, Honorio; Riera-Kinkel, Carlos // Revista Mexicana de Pediatria;may/jun2012, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p144
No abstract available.
- Rare Variant of Truncus Arteriosus with Intact Ventricular Septum and Hypoplastic Left Heart - A Case Report. Bhardwar, Vaneeta; Singh, Jatinder; Malhotra, Vineeta; Singh, Poonam // Indian Journal of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology;Jul-Dec2013, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p179
Persistent Truncus Arteriosus is a relatively uncommon heart malformation involving the ventriculoarterial connection in which a single outlet is present. The malformation is variable in its components. In this report we describe an unusual variant in which the common trunk arose exclusively...