A Stock--Picking Renaissance
- Concentrating on Success... // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p24
This article presents some highlights of a study conducted by three professors--Clemens Sialm, Marcin Kacperczyk and Lu Zheng, at the University of Michigan Business School, regarding the performance of over 2,000 actively managed mutual funds that concentrated on fewer stocks from 1984-1990...
- Muni Funds Stagnate in March, Gaining Only $18 Million. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31627, p6
Municipal bond mutual fund net inflows in the U.S. were reduced to 18 million dollars in March 2003, coming to a near stop despite witnessing an increase in February, according to Investment Company Institute. The funds accounted for a net inflow of 1.73 billion dollars in February. The funds'...
- Multi multitude. // Money Marketing;11/13/2003, p62
Evaluates the investment potential of the Multi-Manager Funds Equity Fund. Type; Aim; Minimum-maximum investment; Term; Guarantee; Conditions; Closing date.
- When to unload a stock or fund. Altfest, Lewis J. // Medical Economics;04/24/2000, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p50
Gives advice on how investors can approximate the time for unloading stocks or mutual funds. Mistake of using a drop in stock price as an absolute sell signal; Research on the reason for the decline of the stocks; Evaluation of the financial statements.
- Mutual Fund Survey. // Financial Planning;Nov2003, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p128
Presents lists of top mutual fund performers in the U.S. in the third quarter of 2003. Top 20 equity funds; Top 20 fixed-income funds.
- Bad management not limited to mutual funds. Leckey, Andrew // Journal of Business (10756124);12/11/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 25, pA24
Discusses the management of investments in mutual funds and individual stocks in the U.S. Run-ins of fund and stock advisers with government regulators; Complacency and lack of oversight in mutual fund management; Effects of mutual fund scandals; Leadership of small-cap stocks.
- FINANCIAL DATA. // Caribbean Business;7/3/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 26, p52
Presents news concerning investments in Puerto Rico for the week ending July 3, 2003. Performance of stocks for the week; Money rates; Mutual funds.
- The casual investor can look beyond buying mutual funds. Orazio, Paul V. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;9/18/95 - 9/25/95, Vol. 6 Issue 36, p17
Recommends individual stock rather than mutual funds as an investment vehicle for long-term investors in the United States. Stock's provision of a broader and stronger financial base; Tips on how to choose good stocks in the market.
- Time to tune up your portfolio. Altfest, Lewis J. // Medical Economics;5/24/2002, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p28
No abstract available.
- Stocks vs. Mutual Funds. Stav, Julie // Hispanic;Sep2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p78
Suggests ways for managing stocks and mutual funds. Tips for investing in stocks and mutual funds; Comparison between the two.