COLORADO: Troubled Waters
- Denver Aquarium Sees Deal With Investors by January 1. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/6/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31507, p6
Highlights the expectation of Colorado-based Ocean Journey Aquarium to finalize an agreement with investors holding defaulted revenue bonds by the end of the year 2002. Issues that need to be considered according to Denver, Colorado attorney Carl Eklund; Confidence of the company's president...
- Ocean Journey Creditors Catch Windfall, Thanks to Bondholders' Runoff. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/26/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31850, p3
Reports on the money received by the Ocean Journey aquarium from their claims. Interim payment received by creditors; Investment of bondholders in revenue bonds; Issuance of unrated bonds.
- Denver Mayor Won't Spend City Dollars on Aquarium. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31341, p34
Reports that aquarium officials at Denver, Colorado-based Ocean Journey will be negotiating with investors who hold the facility's $57 million of defaulted revenue bonds because of the state government's refusal to help the facility through its financial crisis. Record of Ocean Journey in debt...
- Ocean Journey Bondholders Getting $2.24 Million from U.S. Bank. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/15/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31740, p3
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Bank to forward payments to investors who hold failed revenue bonds issued to finance Ocean Journey's aquarium in Denver, Colorado. Issuance of unrated bonds; Percentage of coupon rates; Completion of other outstanding Ocean Journey debt.
- Bailout Rumors Swirl as Denver Aquarium Struggles to Pay Bills. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/30/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31191, p38
Focuses on the bond rumors involving Six Flags and the Ocean Journey in Denver, Colorado. Technical default reported by Ocean Journey; Impact of the rumors on the aquarium bond holders; Discussion for possible remedies.
- Denver Aquarium Hopes To Remain Afloat Through Bankruptcy. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/3/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31357, p3
Reports the filing of Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection of the Colorado Ocean Journey Aquarium in Denver, Colorado. Consideration of options to rescue investments; Liquidation of assets; Disclosure of several prospective buyers.
- No Bondholder Agreement Yet for Failed Colo. Aquarium. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/2/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31544, p3
Focuses on a debt workout plan for officials from Colorado's Ocean Journey aquarium. Adoption of reorganization plan by Ocean Journey; Issuance of revenue bonds by Ocean Journey.
- Study shows third rating shrinks spreads. Reinebach, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/13/98, Vol. 64 Issue 15, p8
Focuses on a study which reports that corporate debt rating can affect bond spreads. How it can achieve cheaper funding costs; Comments from Bob Grossman, the managing director at that rating agency; Details on the study.
- Nigeria plans to sell 55 billion naira (US$ 340 million) in bonds with maturities of five and 20 years. // African Business News;7/10/2013, p28
The article presents information on the plans of Nigeria to sell 55 billion naira in bonds with maturities of five and 20 years, during its seventh monthly debt auction to be held on July 17, 2013.