News In Brief: Westminster, Colo., Revs Raised by Fitch
- Ras al-Khaimah seeks rating. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/9/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 45, p35
The article reports on the credit rating received by Ras al-Kaimah, United Arab Emirates from ratings agency Fitch. The move is in anticipation of launching an Islamic bond, following the lead of both Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Currently, the Ras al-Khaimah Investment Authority (Rakia) is on an...
- Bank Ratings Reassessed. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Aug2002, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the supporting rating granted by credit ratings agency Fitch to several banks in El Salvador. Effects of the credit ratings on the government and private sector financial support; List of banks included in the ratings; Factors that led to the high level of instability in the loan...
- M&T Faces Rating Cut Over Allfirst Deal. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;3/24/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 56, p24
Reports on the plans of credit rating company Fitch Inc. to downgrade senior debt rating of M&T Bank Corp. Reason cited for the downgrade.
- Fitch Pops the Hood on Bank Risk Evaluation. Nugent, John // Bank Loan Report;8/6/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 31, p1
Reports on the framework proposed by Fitch Inc. for the mapping of bank internal risk rating systems to external credit evaluations. Fitch's rating methodology experience; Steps in the mapping process.
- New EM deals prompt Fitch to reconsider recovery rates. // Asset Securitization Report;7/23/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 29, p14
Focuses on rating agency Fitch's enhancement of its rating methodologies. Improvement of recovery rates in emerging markets; Concept of partial guarantees; Emergence of hedge agreements.
- Fitch Warning on Countrywide Rekindles Old Debate. Bergquist, Erick // American Banker;2/21/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 35, p7
Discusses the issue of unfair scrutiny of U.S.-based Countrywide Financial Corp. by overly vigilant analysts at Fitch Inc. Plans to downgrade the ratings on the company's $18 billion debt; Reasons cited for a possible review of the ratings; Company's arguments against the rating downgrade.
- Ratings Roundup: Homecomings Financial Get Upgraded by Fitch. // Mortgage Servicing News;Feb2002, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p24
Reports the designation of top servicing rating to Homecoming Financial company by Fitch Inc. in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Specific rating of Homecoming as a residential and special servicer; Implication for the strong rating designations of Homecoming; Recognition on the servicing nonperforming...
- Ameriquest Rating Raised. // Mortgage Servicing News;Feb2002, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p24
Reports the servicer rating designated to Ameriquest Mortgage Co. by Fitch Inc. in New York.
- Olympus Moves Up. // Mortgage Servicing News;Feb2002, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p24
Reports the upgrade on the residential primary rating for Olympus Servicing company by Fitch Inc. in New York.