N.Y.'s MTA On Road To Rebuilding
- NEW YORK: MTA's Derivatives Report. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;10/31/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33607, p9
The article focuses on the data from a derivatives portfolio report which shows that the 30.1 billion dollars outstanding debt of New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) contains 5.2 billion dollars of variable-rate debt.
- Hevesi Tells MTA to Avoid Fare Hikes Pending Budget Plan. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;9/27/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32475, p32
The article reports on the appeal of comptroller Alan G. Hevesi to the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) on issues related to transportation in New York. He called on MTA to avoid cutting services or raising fares and tolls until it develops a budget plan to close-out gaps at $1.48...
- N.Y. MTA's Outstanding Variable-Rate Debt Declined $248 Million in 2005. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;4/25/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32367, p36
The article reports on the decline in outstanding variable-rate debt of New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority. The agency has nearly 22.6 billion dollars of outstanding debts. Its variable-rate debt is spread unevenly across all four of the agency's credits. The dedicated tax fund...
- Despite New Revenue, MTA in Tight Spot. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;5/11/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33112, p1
The article reports on the tightening in New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) despite of a newly approved legislation that will provide a new payroll tax and mandate other fees to fund the needs of the authority. Although MTA gets new sources of revenue, it must still deal with...
- Outer-Borough Voices: Overhaul MTA Financing. Burton, Paul // Bondbuyer.com;12/11/2014, p25
The article reports on the call by officials and residents of Staten Island in New York City for an overhaul of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority's (MTA) financing mechanisms in 2014. Topics covered include the major initiatives proposed by the officials like tolls on the East River...
- N.Y. MTA Looking at $2.8B for Capital Projects. Braum, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;1/27/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31808, p3
Reports on the expectation of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to sell treasury bonds to fund capital spending and refund taxable bonds in New York. Sale of transportation revenue bonds; Approval of the funding acceleration.
- MTA's McCoy Cites Shift Away From Variable-Rate Debt. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;1/29/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34051, p1
The article informs that New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) has remarketed 700 million U.S. dollars worth of variable-rate debt in 2013. It mentions that MTA is one of the largest issuers in the municipal marketplace with nearly 33 billion U.S. dollars of debt, as of January...
- TOLL IS QUIET. GELINAS, NICOLE // City & State;1/20/2014, p36
No abstract available.
- Messer, GFOA Pushing HQLA Bill in Congress. Casey, Jack; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;12/15/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34426, p1
Rep. Luke Messer, R-Ind., and local finance officers plan to continue to push a bill that would treat investment grade and actively traded municipal securities as high quality liquid assets under a bank liquidity rule adopted by bank regulators in 2014.