Generation Gaps in the Workplace: Making Friends With Technology and Millennials
- Pew Study: Inside the Tech Generation. MULVIHILL, AMANDA // Information Today;Apr2011, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p10
The article offers information on the use of technological devices by different age groups in the U.S. based on a study by the Pew Internet & American Life Project published in February 2011. The report "Generations and their Gadgets" by Kathryn Zickuhr reveals that cell phone ownership is...
- Millennials--The new normal. TOWNS, MAUREEN // Canadian Nurse;Sep2013, Vol. 109 Issue 7, p32
The article provides an answer to a question about engaging the youngest generation of nurses.
- UK nurses need more influence in eHealth initiatives. // Australian Nursing & Midwifery Journal;Mar2014, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p19
The article reports on the results of a survey which was commissioned by the Royal College of Nurses and found that while most British nurses were confident using information technology, many nurses had no consultation on or little influence over the use of electronic health developments in...
- FREELANCE FORUM. // AMWA Journal: American Medical Writers Association Journal;2012, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p123
The article provides answers from several freelancers including Brian Bass, Donna Miceli, and Elizabeth Smith to a question of how the gap between older and younger freelances and client can be closed.
- The Generation Y's Working Encounter: A Comparative Study of Hong Kong and other Chinese Cities. Kwok, Hong-kin // Journal of Family & Economic Issues;Jun2012, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p231
Understanding the encounter of different generations may be a determining factor in the success of organizations. In order to have a clear understanding about the new generation, this article examines the working encounter of Generation Y. Generation Y in the Hong Kong Special Administrative...
- Who? where? Y? Gelbart, Naomi; Komninos, James // Charter;Aug2012, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p20
The article focuses on generation Y who is in their twenties and have a distinct specific attitude with reference to their efficiency at workplace. The author stated that though this generation is identified as over-ambitious, technology-obsessed and materialistic, they know what they want and...
- GENERATION GAP: EFFECTIVELY LEADING PHYSICIANS OF ALL AGES. Lim, Anthony; Epperly, Ted // Family Practice Management;May/Jun2013, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p29
The article focuses on challenge faced by physician leaders in negotiating the differing behavior and values of nurses, doctors, and other health care personnel born of different generational age groups. It also discusses work attitudes and preferences of people with generation gap. It provides...
- GENERATIONS AT SCHOOL: Building an Age-Friendly Workplace. Lovely, Suzette // School Administrator;Jan2010, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p10
The article discusses the intergenerational clashes within professional learning communities at schools. The difficulty in finding cohesion and sustaining it among professional learning communities is noted since collaboration doesn't come naturally to the majority of educators. The differences...
- MILLENNIALS SPEAK OUT. Toman, Daniela; Alldred, Kate; Domonkos, Vicky; Collins, Ashley; Magnuson, Morgan; Jackson, Jennifer // Canadian Nurse;Oct2013, Vol. 109 Issue 8, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the article "Millennials - The New Normal," that was published in the September 2013 issue which focused on the professional characteristics of millennial nurses.