- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Aug2001, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p18
Presents international news briefs on futures for the month of August 2001. Public offering of CME Corp. stocks in the United States; Stock index futures fund of CTA in U.S.; Performance of European equity, bond and derivative exchanges; Efforts of Hungary to join European Union by 2003; Sydney...
- Japan. Goldsworth, John // Accountancy;May89, Vol. 103 Issue 1149, p62
This article reports that a proposed tax on financial futures instruments in Japan has been deferred in 1989. This tax, proposed by the governing liberal democratic party, would have imposed a 0.001% tax on transactions in bond futures contracts and a 0.1% tax on stock index futures contracts.
- The German connection. Reerink, Jack // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Aug94, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p54
Discusses ways of trading the German bond market and stock index futures. Stock trading at the Deutsche Terminboerse (DTB) in the first five months of 1994; DTB's big play in bonds; Widening of the calendar spread in June 1994; Deutsche Bank's use of a volatility system; Design of the spread...
- DOES INDEX FUTURES TRADING INFLUENCE SPOT MARKET VOLATILITY? EVIDENCE FROM INDIAN STOCK MARKET. Sahu, Dhananjay // International Journal of Business Insights & Transformation;Apr-Sep 2008, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p1
The present paper examines the impact of futures trading in spot market volatility, particularly the effect of futures introduction on spot market volatility and informational efficiency in Indian stock market by using daily return of CNX Nifty Index from October 05, 1995 to March 31, 2007...
- S&P 500. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jan1996, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p24
Reports that the S&P 500 stock index had chalked up 30 percent gains for 1995. Market trends; Rate cut; Comments from Peter Canoni, managing director of equity investment for Aeltus Investment Management.
- Enhanced indexing rapped. Cardona, Mercedes M. // Pensions & Investments;8/05/96, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p60
Reports that enhanced index funds do not enhance returns over the index while keeping the risk profile close to the market's risk, according to a study by Ibbotson Associates. Use of derivative-based strategies involving futures and options; Securities-based strategies which alter the indexes'...
- WWDStock Market Index for April 16. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/17/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 79, p2
Presents a stock market index forcusing on the fashion industry in the U.S. for April 16, 2003.
- The Euronet 25: Telecom stock index. // Euronet;Sep2001, Issue 15, p54
Presents information concerning the stock index of the telecommunication industry in Europe as of July 2001 to August 2001. Decline in the value of the index; Predictions for the continued market decline; Possibility of global recession.
- Mispricing in stock index futures: A re-examination using the SPI. Brailsford, Tim; Hodgson, Allan // Australian Journal of Management (University of New South Wales);Jun97, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p21
Examines stock index futures pricing in Australia. Providing a comprehensive examination of stock index futures pricing; Behavioral analysis of mispricing series in relation to a number of explanatory variables.