Municipal Market Data General Obligation Yields
- S&P: Refinancing Problems Possible Starting 2013. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;11/1/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p8
The article presents a forecast from Standard & Poor's that lower-rated bonds may face difficulty in getting refinanced in 2013-14.
- The bond rate and actual future inflation. Mehra, Yash P. // Economic Quarterly (10697225);Spring98, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p27
Investigates the content of the bond rate for future inflation using cointegration and error-correction modeling. Review of related literature; Methodology of the study; Findings; Conclusion.
- MoPEP Slows to Negative. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/21/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33683, p7
The article reports on the negative outlook and A2 rating received by the Missouri Joint Municipal Electric Utility Commission's MoPEP power pool bonds by Moody's Investor Service Inc.
- D.C Riding a Win Streak. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/6/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32044, p1
The article reports that buoyed by a robust local economy, a hot real estate market, and climbing tax revenue, the District of Columbia is expected to keep spending under control in 2005, maintain its investment-grade bond rating, and avoid a return of the federally appointed financial control...
- Bond Raters' Use of Management Financial Forecasters: Experiment in Expert Judgment. Danos, Paul; Holt, Doris L.; Imhoff Jr., Eugene A. // Accounting Review;Oct84, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p547
ABSTRACT: Bond raters are unique in their exposure to management forecasts. They regularly review ratees' confidential forecasts for new and ongoing bond issues. This study gives evidence that bond raters have developed great sensitivity to subtle differences in forecasts-supporting the...
- Michigan's Rustbelt Blues. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/16/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32031, p1
The article discusses that Michigan's strong dependence on the automobile manufacturing industry is continuing to dampen its economic outlook, contributing to a rating downgraded this week by credit rating company Fitch Ratings Inc. It came at a time when some of its Midwest neighbors have come...
- Fitch Upgrades Miami-Dade County GO Debt to AA-Minus. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/3/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32146, p4
This article presents information related to Miami-Dade County's general obligation bond rating which was upgraded to AA-minus from A-plus by Fitch Ratings. The GO upgrade affects $226 million of outstanding debt rated by Fitch, which also raised the rating on $121millon of Series 1999 and 2002...
- Fitch: Higher Education Looks Stable for '04. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;1/13/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31799, p4
Focuses on the stability of the bond ratings of U.S. colleges and universities in 2004 according to a comment released from Fitch Ratings Inc. Recovery of the investment markets; Problems develop in the higher education sector for 2003; Optimism in the equity markets.
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;9/12/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32464, p24
Several charts are presented that show the rates of negotiated sales results in school districts and other authorities in the U.S. in 2006 including Monroe County Health Care Authority, Cucamonga Valley Water District and Oakstead Community Development District.