N.Y. Legislators OK Supplemental Spending
- Senate rejects entitlement reform. // Human Events;6/28/96, Vol. 52 Issue 24, p22
Reports on the US Senate's rejection of an amendment to the budget resolution to reform entitlement spending. Senator Charles Grassley's reasons for opposing the measure; Votes for and against the amendment.
- The 2001 Tax Legislation from a Long--Term Perspective. Steuerle, C. Eugene // National Tax Journal;Sep2001, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p427
Focuses on the impact of 2001 tax legislation on the Federal tax policy imposed since the end of World War II in the United States. Conflicts and issues regarding its implementation; Assessment on the progressivity and direction of marginal tax rates; Correlation between long-term expenditure...
- Editor's Note. O'Connor, Walter // International Tax Journal;Fall2001, Vol. 27 Issue 4, pIii
Editorial. Comments on the impact of the vanishing surplus on the international tax issues in the United States. Criticism of the Congress on tax cut; Implication of the tax cut for the American people; Reduction of funding for entitlement programs; Role of the international tax on the...
- America's other welfare state. Hage, David; Fischer, David // U.S. News & World Report;4/10/95, Vol. 118 Issue 14, p34
Discusses how voters are beginning to realize that Congress cannot shrink government without shrinking something they like. Number of American households that receive federal entitlements; Amount spent by the government for these outlays; Revenue potential in entitlements; Data on overall...
- A bitter pill. Birnbaum, Jeffrey H. // Fortune;7/7/2003, Vol. 148 Issue 1, p36
Comments on the outlook for a Medicare prescription drug benefit in the United States. Indication from polls that Americans approve of the Medicare-reform initiative; Opinion that the proposed Medicare legislation underestimates the cost of expanding the entitlement; Discussion of the fiscal...
- CORKER BILL TRADES NEARLY $1 T IN ENTITLEMENT CUTS FOR DEBT-CEILING HIKE. Cox, Ramsey // Hill;12/13/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 140, p22
The author argues against the introduction by Tennessee Senator Bob Corker on December 12, 2012 of the Dollar for Dollar Act which will trade $1 trillion in entitlement savings for an equal increase in debt ceiling.
- Federal-Spending Limits Would Stop The D.C.Spree. Riedl, Brian M. // Business Journal (Central New York);5/7/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p25
Focuses on the budget deficit of the U.S. Federal spending per household; Requirement for tax increases in entitlement spending; Reaction of lawmakers on the idea of bringing back the Pay-As-You-Go rules.
- CONSULTATION OF THE WEEK. // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;11/12/2009, p23
The article announces the consultation on the draft code of practice for the free entitlement of 3- and 4-year-olds in Great Britain before its implementation in September 2010. It notes the constitution of the draft code of practice on the second phase of the consultation process. Furthermore,...
- Republicans Are Best Hope for Entitlement Reform. Galupo, Scott // U.S. News Digital Weekly;10/14/2011, Vol. 3 Issue 41, p22
The author asserts that the Republicans are America's best hope for entitlement reform.