Nassau County Officials Fighting for Fiscal Independence
- Fiscal year 1999 budget proposal is unveiled. Sweeney, Rosemarie; Rose, Verna L. // American Family Physician;3/1/1998, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p917
Focuses on the fiscal year 1999 proposals for the United State's budget by the Administration. Totals budget for the Department of Health and Human Services; Details on the Agency for Health Care Policy and Research; Insight on initiatives in the budget proposal.
- Nassau County Budget Relies on Risky Assumptions, Oversight Board Says. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;9/30/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33392, p4
The article reports that the proposed 2011 budget of Nassau County in New York is not balanced due to risky assumptions.
- County budget to be voted on this Thursday. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);9/18/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p6
The article reports on the proposed county budget to be discussed in a meeting in Donley County, Texas.
- Assistance tax shows how much the state is shifting to the county. Valadez, Ram�n // Inside Tucson Business;5/20/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 52, p26
In this article the author discusses the recommended budget in Pima County, Arizona for fiscal year 2011-2012 that contains a state assistance tax which is equal to cost shifts enforced by the Arizona Legislature on the county to balance the state budget.
- Buda budget still in works. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);8/8/2007, Vol. 104 Issue 18, p2A
The article reports that the budget season for Buda, Texas for the fiscal year 2007-2008 is in full swing where it proposed a one cent tax increase of up to 17.7 cents per $100 of property valuation.
- Kent County 2011 budget appears to be balanced. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/11/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 42, p3
This article focuses on the proposed budget and revenue-sharing payment in Kent County, Michigan for 2011.
- Staff, service cuts expected in new county budget. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;6/26/95, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p6
Reports on the plans of San Diego county officials to adopt a budget plan involving staff cuts and service reductions for the 1995 fiscal budget as a result of declining revenues. Declining property taxes; Fewer election polling places; Restricted use of wilderness parks; Schedule of public...
- Federal budget surplus estimates continue to rise; debate heats up on how best to spend new... // LP/Gas;May98, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p8
States that federal budget surplus continue to rise according to estimates. Examination of the strong increases being generated in tax receipts; Details on income tax payments; Information on the work being done on social security by President of the United States, Bill Clinton.
- Supervisors, medical leaders work to save services. Crabtree, Penni // San Diego Business Journal;8/2/93, Vol. 14 Issue 31, p14
Opinion. Comments on the deliberations on the county's budget by the San Diego, California Board of Supervisors. Cooperation among private health industry leaders and county supervisors; Shift in budget cuts; Fate of the North San Diego Health Center; Comment by Jim Lott, president of the...