News In Brief: Existing Home Sales Fall to 4.89M Units
- Residential sales in Rockland up in January. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/6/95 - 3/13/95, Vol. 6 Issue 22, Focus Magazine p9
Reports on the increase in residential sales in Rockland County, New York in January 1995. Number of homes sold in January 1993; Average selling price in 1993 and 1994.
- Residential sales down in Dutchess in January. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/6/95 - 3/13/95, Vol. 6 Issue 22, Focus Magazine p9
Reports on the drop in residential sales in Dutchess County, New York in January 1995. Median selling price; Average selling price in 1994 and 1995; Estimated number of condominium units sold as of January 1995.
- Dictates of lifestyle challenge design. Goldberg, Carol // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/17/95, Vol. 42 Issue 16, p23
Reports on the marketing of executive homes in Long Island, New York. Lifestyle demands imposed by technology, physical fitness needs and entertaining trends; Premium placed on waterfront property; Sensitivity to price and occupations of buyers; Cost of land as percentage of total cost of...
- Bigger lots favor some home buyers but squeeze others. McLellan III, Edward A. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);6/17/96, Vol. 16 Issue 50, p28
Reports on developments related to home sales in New Orleans, Louisiana. Lot size's impact on buyers' ability to purchase homes; Bigger lot size's impact on small buyers; Factors affecting the market; Industry analysts' comments.
- Home sales edge upward; prices down. // Inside Tucson Business;09/08/97, Vol. 7 Issue 24, p27
Reports on the rise in the purchases of resale homes in Tucson, Arizona as of July, 1997.
- Home sales highest during the summer. Hatch, Addy // Journal of Business (10756124);9/27/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 20, SPECIAL REPORT pB1
Presents the result of a study concerning the hottest months for selling a home in Spokane, Washington. Average number of homes sold for the third quarter each year for the last 12 years; Percentage of homes sold in the first quarter; Seasons with sufficient boost of home sales.
- New real estate market means price adjustments. Sullivan, Michael // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/21/2006, Issue 323585, p3
The article reports that residents of Fresno, California, are finding it difficult to sell their houses at their expected prices since prices began to decline in October 2005. Nevertheless, the real estate market has a positive outlook. The time to sell a house is less than 10 months, and the...
- Home-A-Rama showcases nine homes. // Indianapolis Business Journal;08/30/99, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p16A
Presents an overview of the 1999 Home-A-Rama exhibition in Indianapolis, Indiana. Showcasing of residences in the Windermere Pointe development in Fishers; Expected number of visitors; Presentation of the event by the Builders Association of Greater Indianapolis; Price range of homes in the show.
- Bidding wars more common. // Indianapolis Business Journal;08/30/99, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p27A
Presents tips on the purchasing of dwellings. Increase in bidding among potential homebuyers; Need for buyers to get pre-approved for a loan; Appeal to a seller's emotional attachment to a house; Recommendation that a buyer found out as much as possible about the seller; Need for buyers to be...