News In Brief: Durable Goods Orders Off 8.5% in Sept
- Durable goods orders flying low. // Home Textiles Today;2/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p31
Reports on orders for durable goods in the U.S. for December 2002.
- News in Brief: Durable Goods Orders Decline. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;12/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31294, p2
Report on the fall in the demand for durable goods in the U.S. as of December 2001. Factors contributing to the fall.
- Durable equipment investment. // Economic Trends (07482922);Aug97, p11
Examines investment trends in durable equipment in the United States, from 1970 to 1997. Surge in nonresidential fixed investment in the 1990s; Growth of durable equipment sales; Supply-side factors contributing to the growth of investment; Durables' share of investment in the first half of 1997.
- Durable goods orders surge 10% in June. // Inside Tucson Business;07/31/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p11
Reports on the surge in factory orders for durable goods in the United States in June 2000. Impact of productivity-enhancing investments on firms' efforts to absorb payroll expenses and keep inflation in check; Rate of increase in employment cost growth.
- Durable Orders Up 0.5%; Ex-Transport Rise 0.9%. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;3/25/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33288, p2
The article reports on the 0.5% increase of durable goods orders amounting to 178.1 billion dollars in February 2010 in the U.S.
- Durable Goods. Up 0.3%; Ex-Transport Off 3.8%. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;8/26/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33373, p2
The article reports on the rise of durable goods by 0.3% and the decline of transportation goods by 3.8% in the U.S.
- Product durability choice. Goering, Gregory E.; Kelley Pace, R. // Atlantic Economic Journal;Dec94, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p73
Discusses factors that affect product durability choice. Market structure; Competition on price or conjecture; Comparison with non-durable goods; Role of firm behavior.
- Durable goods growth sales push fourth quarter's gain to 10.2%. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/24/95, Vol. 24 Issue 43, p17
Reports on the increase in taxable durable goods sales in Utah during the 1994 fourth quarter. Retail trade gains; Rise in business investment purchases; Taxable sales along the Wasatch Front.
- Fixed Assets and Consumer Durable Goods. Herman, Shelby W. // Survey of Current Business;Apr2000, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p17
Deals with the revised estimates of fixed assets and consumer durable goods for 1925-1998. Information on the new national income and product accounts table of changes in net stock of produced assets; Definition and statistical improvements in the estimates of the net stock of fixed assets and...