RD Cooking Up Hefty Marketing For New Diet Book
- Financial Briefs ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;6/22/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 13, p8
The article reports that the revenue for School and Educational Services Group (SES Group) has declined 3.5% to 24.5 million dollars in the third quarter of fiscal 2009 that ended on March 31, 2009, based on the data from the Reader's Digest Association
- Reader's Digest sets aggressive new game plan. Kelly, Keith J. // Advertising Age;12/16/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 51, p3
Focuses on Reader's Digest Association's new marketing plan. Introduction of new demographic editions; Search for acquisitions; Turnaround effort aimed at boosting lagging stock price.
- Reader's Digest shifts Wesport operations to Westchester. Khasru, B.Z. // Fairfield County Business Journal;06/22/98, Vol. 37 Issue 25, p12
Reports on Reader's Digest Association Inc.'s decision to close its office in Westport, Connecticut, and relocate employees to its headquarters in Pleasantville, New York. Reasons for the consolidation move; Number of employees at the Westport office.
- RD recalls holiday issue over unsafe recipe. Cassidy, Neil // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;12/01/97, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p13
Reports that Reader's Digest Association Incorporated recall 600,000 copies of a full size special magazine dubbed Readers's Digest Christmas. Cost of the magazine; When the magazine was distributed; Comments from Lesta Cordil, spokeswoman for the Reader's Digest Association Incorporated.
- Reader's Digest unveils comeback strategy. Cassidy, Neil // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;10/1/98, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p13
Focuses on the reorganization of Reader's Digest Association Inc. Value of the company's stock; Description of the company's reorganization strategy; Examination of the company's cost reduction plan. INSET: For venerable publisher, a busy September.
- Reader's Digest to cut 150 jobs. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;2/12/96, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p2
Reports that the Readers' Digest Association Inc. will layoff employees at its headquarters in Pleasantville. Number of employees worldwide; Financial performance in the fiscal year that ended on December 31, 1995; Reason behind the layoffs; Marketing alliance with Avon Products.
- Analysts cautiously optimistic over Reader's Digest projects. Khasru, B.Z. // Westchester County Business Journal;4/1/96, Vol. 35 Issue 14, p10
Reports on the reaction of business analysts to the marketing projects of Reader's Digest. Cash asset values; Restructuring plan; Product expansion and distribution plans; Marketing partnership with Avon Products.
- Reader's Digest `respectfully declined' assistance, ESDC spokesman reports. Khasru, B.Z. // Westchester County Business Journal;4/8/96, Vol. 35 Issue 15, p10
Reports that Reader's Digest Inc. has declined the assistance offered by the state of New York for its restructuring plans.
- Reader's Digest launches Web site for dieters. // Westchester County Business Journal;1/13/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p9
Reports on the launch of a Web site for dieters by the Reader's Digest Association Inc. in Pleasantville, New York. Details on the offering of a personalized, interactive weight-loss program; Features of the Web site; Provision of meal recommendations tailored to the personal tastes of customers.