HR's Most Unlikely Politician
- Women in Washington. Marmon, Lucretia; Rubin, Alissa // Glamour;Apr95, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p120
Reports on the activities of women legislators in the United States. California Representative Lynn Woolsey's introduction of the Uniform Child Support Enforcement Act in Congress; Ohio Representative Deborah Pryce's introduction of a bill designed to encourage companies to offer on-site or...
- (HEALTHCARE REFORM) Public Option Returns to the Table. // Community Health Funding Week;7/23/2010, p1
A summary of the HR 5808, the Public Option Act, introduced by U.S. Republicans Pete Stark, Lynn Woolsey, and Jan Schakowsky, which would establish a public insurance option to compete with private insurers in health insurance exchanges created under health reform is presented.
- (HEALTHCARE REFORM) Public Option Returns to the Table. // Community Health Funding Week;7/23/2010, p17
A summary of the HR 5808, the Public Option Act, introduced by U.S. Republicans Pete Stark, Lynn Woolsey, and Jan Schakowsky, which would establish a public insurance option to compete with private insurers in health insurance exchanges created under health reform, is presented.
- Worker Safety. // Professional Safety;Jun2010, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p60
In this article, the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE) discusses the Protecting America's Worker (PAW) Act sponsored by Representative Lynn Woolsey, which advances the commitment to safety and health of workers in the U.S. ASSE is critical on the role of its members which provide...
- A Second Look at Welfare Reform. Dervarics, Charles // Community College Week;04/19/99, Vol. 11 Issue 19, p3
Deals with the issue of whether the United States Congress should do anything about the 1996 welfare reform law. Implications; Issue in allowing low-income adults to count postsecondary education as a work activity; Permission granted to states to use welfare surpluses; What critics of the...
- REGULATION-HUNGRY LAWMAKERS PRAISE OSAMAS OSHA PICK. // Concrete Products;Aug2009, Vol. 112 Issue 8, p8
The article discusses the sentiments of legislators George Miller and Lynn Woolsey about the nomination of David Michaels as assistant secretary for the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration by President Barack Obama. Miller says that the expertise and leadership of Michaels is...
- House Hearing Focuses on Protecting America's Workers Act, OSHA Penalties. // EHS Today;Apr2010, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p10
The article features the hearing of the House of Representatives Education and Labor Committee's Subcommittee on Workforce Protection to strengthen the Protecting America's Workers Act in the U.S. on March 16, 2010. Witnesses told the committee of the need to make employers accountable if...
- ASSE Supports Diacetyl Legislation. // Professional Safety;Aug2007, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p14
The article reports on the support of the American Society of Safety Engineers on the legislation to protect workers at food processing plants from exposure to diacetyl. The chemical is used in artificial food flavoring. The organization gives accolade to Representative Lynn Woolsey for her...
- A welfare mom in Congress? // Glamour;Oct92, Vol. 90 Issue 10, p111
Reports that former welfare mother Lynn Woolsey is running for California's House of Representatives. The Democrat is running on a ticket that proposes child care at public school sites.