Teflon Jack Unscathed
- Neutron Jack's Booty. Mokhiber, Russell // Multinational Monitor;Oct2004, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p29
Reports on the settlement of the lawsuit filed by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission against General Electric company. Alleged failure of the company to inform its former chair and CEO John Welch Jr. about the substantial benefits under an employment and post-retirement consulting...
- Building People And Killing Bureaucracy. Weiss, Ray // Electronic Design;2/4/2002, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p18
Editorial. Comments on the achievements of Jack Welch during his tenure as chief executive officer of General Electric. Reduction of bureaucracy in the company; Insights from the autobiography of Welch titled 'Jack: Straight From the Gut'; Topics of issues tackled by Welch.
- Jack Welch: the master leader. Yager, Ed // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;9/17/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p13
Profiles Jack Welch, chief executive of General Electric Co. in the U.S. Career background; Views towards effective management; Achievements in life.
- St. Jack, Pray for Us! Martin, James // America;11/12/2001, Vol. 185 Issue 15, p24
Features former General Electric Co. chief executive officer Jack Welch. His background; Best selling performance of his book `Jack: Straight From the Gut'; Discussion on his achievements.
- JACK WELCH, AVERAGE GUY. Surowiecki, James // New Yorker;12/18/2000, Vol. 76 Issue 39, p45
Assesses the performance of Jack Welch as chief executive officer (CEO) of United States-based General Electric (G.E.). Comparison of Welch with his predecessors; History of G.E.; Creation of shareholder value; Transformation of CEO from bureaucrats into cultural celebrities.
- Why Welch Wins. Kennedy, Carol // Director;Jan2002, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p45
Profiles Jack Welch, former chief executive of General Electric. His leadership style; Views on the challenges facing business leaders; Recommendations for leaders who are planning to introduce major change.
- Power Player. Green, Paula L. // Global Finance;Jul2002, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p21
Focuses on the career of Jack Welch as chairman and chief executive officer of General Electric. His contributions to the company; Achievements and accomplishments; Influence on the field of business.
- Neutron Jack Steps Down After Two Decades as Head of GE. // Global Finance;Jul2002, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p53
Announces the resignation of Jack Welch as chairman and chief executive of General Electric.
- CEO of the Decade. McClenahen, John S. // Industry Week/IW;11/15/99, Vol. 248 Issue 21, p38
Features John F. Welch, chief executive officer of General Electric Co. Achievements of Welch; Professional attributes; Management strategy used by Welch.