CEO Takes HR to Prime Time
- SUDIPTA SEN. Madhavan, N. // Business Today;10/27/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p190
In this article, Sudipta Sen, chief executive officer (CEO) at SAS Institute Inc., a business software company, talks about his professional life including his role model, his first job and his first promotion.
- FOR SAS, JAVA DEVELOPMENT TO REMAIN KEY. // eWeek;4/29/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p25
Interviews James Goodnight, founder of SAS Institute Inc. in North Carolina. Discussions concerning Java development; Issues on neutral standards among computer software companies; Effects of the September 11 terrorists attacks on the company.
- SAS parsing e-customer info. McCright, John S. // PC Week;11/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p157
Interviews James Goodnight, chairman and chief executive officer of SAS Institute Inc. Opportunity to analyze electronic commerce data; Need for a dynamic model for the Internet; Extensible Markup Language support.
- Road maps matter. Lundquist, Eric // eWeek;10/4/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p30
This article focuses on the importance of business process management for companies. Business process management has often held more potential than payoff. The idea of mapping out processes and then applying logic and technology to make business more efficient is a compelling idea. Far too...
- Corporate Counter Culture. Bisoux, Tricia // BizEd;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p16
Interviews Jim Goodnight, CEO of North Carolina-based software company SAS, regarding corporate culture. Influences of his decision to shift from academia to establishing a company; Advantages of a privately-held company; Significance of emphasizing employee benefits and satisfaction.
- Goodnight Appreciates His Good Fortune. Dodge, John // Bio-IT World;Jul2003, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p11
Interviews Jim Goodnight, founder and CEO of SAS Institute, about his company. Position of SAS in the life sciences and healthcare sectors; List of the pharmaceutical customers of SAS; Differences between the company's life sciences customers and those in other industries.
- James Goodnight, Founder and CEO, SAS Institute. Darrow, Barbara // CRN;12/12/2005, Issue 1175, p11
The article profiles information related to James Goodnight, founder and chief executive officer of SAS Institute Inc. The SAS Institute has become a multibillion-dollar software powerhouse, the advent of operating systems notwithstanding. It is regularly billed as the world's largest privately...
- A view from the top. Callaghan, Dennis // eWeek;11/8/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p24
This article presents an interview with Jim Goodnight, founder and CEO of revenue, SAS Institute Inc., in Cary, North Carolina. Financial Intelligence solution is considered to be SASâ€™ most important product release this year. A lot of people think operation management should be a part of...
- say goodnight to MONEY LAUNDERING. Quittner, Jeremy // Bank Technology News;Feb2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p24
Discusses efforts of Jim Goodnight, chief executive officer of software company SAS Institute Inc., to combat money laundering. Background of the company; Amount of money laundered through financial companies; Spending of financial companies on anti-money laundering platforms; Overview of SAS'...