First measurement of neutron emission profile on JT-60U using Stilbene neutron detector with neutron-gamma discrimination
- Conceptual design for a scintillating-fiber neutron detector for fusion reactor plasma diagnostics. Sailor, W.C.; Barnes, Cris W.; Chrien, R.E.; Wurden, G.A. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Jan1995, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p898
Describes a conceptual design for pointing neutron detector capable of delivering count rates of events from triton burnup at a deuterium-burning tokamak. Collimated bundles of scintillating bundles consisting the detector; Separation by metal and polyethylene; Bundles set into a larger collimator.
- Scintillating-fiber 14 MeV neutron detector on TFTR during DT operation. Wurden, G.A.; Chrien, R.E.; Barnes, Cris W.; Sailor, W.C.; Roquemore, A.L.; Lavelle, M.J.; O'Gara, P.M.; Jordan, R.J. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Jan1995, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p901
Tests a compact neutron detector using an array of scintillating fibers on the Tokamak Fusion Test Reactor (TFTR) tokamak under conditions of a high gamma background. Use of a fiber-matrix geometry; Magnetic field-insensitive phototube with an active base; Pulse-height discrimination to reject...
- Long-term performance of neutron detectors during deuterium-tritium operation in the Tokamak... Jassby, D.L.; Barnes, Cris W.; Bitter, M.; Johnson, L.C.; Lemunyan, G.; Roquemore, A.L.; von Goeler, S. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Jan1999, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p1111
Examines the long-term performance of neutron detectors during deuterium-tritium operation in the Tokamak Fusion Test Reactor. Overview on the detector; Comparison of neutron yields; Statistics of yield ratios; Physical reliability.
- A proposed diagnostic for time-resolved 14 MeV neutron measurements on TFTR. Ku, L. P.; Nazikian, R.; Prorvitch, V. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Oct90, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p3193
A novel method for time-resolved measurements of the 14 MeV neutron flux in an intense 2.5 MeV neutron and ?-ray background has been developed. Discrimination against the background 2.5 MeV neutron and ?-ray flux is achieved by the use of polyethylene and lead shielding. A high detection...
- Time-resolved 14-MeV neutron detector for triton confinement studies. Smith, J. R.; Fisher, R. K.; Leffler, J. S.; Newman, D. E. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Aug1986, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p1780
Previous measurements of triton burnup in deuterium tokamak plasmas show an anomalously small burnup for low-q discharges with significant magnetohydrodynamic activity. This may have important implications for alpha particle burnup in a fusion reactor. By developing a detector capable of...
- Measurements of the neutron source strength at DIlI-D Heidbrink, W. W.; Taylor, P. L.; Phillips, J. A. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Jan1997, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p536
Documents the calibration procedure for neutron counters and scintillators used to measure the neutron emission produced by the DIII-D tokamak. Detectors and calibration; Detector comparisons; Comparison with other diagnostics.
- Determination of TFTR far-field neutron detector efficiencies by local neutron flux spectrum measurement Jassby, D. L.; Ascione, G.; Kugel, H. W.; Roquemore, A. L.; Barcelo, T. W.; Kumar, A. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Jan1997, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p540
Presents the results of local neutron flux spectrum measurements conducted to evaluate the performance of neutron detectors located on the tokamak fusion test reactor. Spectral fluence from activation measurements; Tritium breeding in [sup 3]He; Surface-barrier diodes and natural diamond...
- TFTR natural diamond detectors based D-T neutron spectrometry system Krasilnikov, A. V.; Azizov, E. A.; Roquemore, A. L.; Khrunov, V. S.; Young, K. M. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Jan1997, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p553
Describes the development of three natural diamond detector-based spectrometry systems and their use on tokamak fusion test reactor to perform deuterium-tritium neutron spectrum and flux measurements. Detector operation and performance characteristics; Diagnostic arrangement; Initial plasma...
- Calibration issues of the Tokamak Fusion Test Reactor multichannel neutron collimator. von Goeler, S.; Johnson, L. C.; Bitter, M.; Efthimion, P. C.; Roquemore, A. L. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Jan1997, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p548
Evaluates the calibration procedures for the detectors in the neutron collimator of the Tokamak Fusion Test Reactor. Deuterium-tritium jog shot calibration of the Bay A detectors; Detector nonlinearity; Deuterium-deuterium (DD) jog shot for the scattered DD neutron background.