S&P Gives Catholic Healthcare West a Stable Outlook
- Catholic Health West faces fitch downgrade. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;09/07/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30720, p2
Reports on Fitch IBCA Inc.'s credit rating for Catholic Healthcare West's $2 billion in debt.
- Soul-searching. Bellandi, Deanna // Modern Healthcare;10/02/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 41, p46
Deals with the problems faced by Catholic Healthcare West in San Francisco, California as of October 2000. Decrease in the hospital system's credit rating; Failure of its goal to reduce operating losses; Factors that influenced failure to reach target reduction of operational losses; Actions...
- Catholic Healthcare West's plan prompts wait-and-see approach. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;07/09/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30679, p1
Focuses on the decreased credit rating of Catholic Healthcare West by rating agencies which affected the bond issue of the company. Rating prompted by an expected operating loss at the company for fiscal 1999; Amount of bond issue affected by the low credit rating.
- Standard & Poor's Upgrades Catholic Healthcare West. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/22/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32095, p36
Reports on the credit upgrades of Catholic Healthcare West from BBB-plus to A-minus by Standard & Poor's in San Francisco, California. Improvement in the financial performance of the nonprofit organization; Expansion strategy of the hospital operator; Investment in information technology.
- Catholic Healthcare West California's biggest system. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Aug96, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p20
Reports that the Catholic Healthcare West has surpassed the Kaiser Permanente as California's biggest system with its acquisition of seven hospitals in 1996.
- A study in regional delivery. Scott, Lisa // Modern Healthcare;04/28/97, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p30
Presents information on Catholic Healthcare West (CHW), a San Francisco-based system, and looks at the revampment of the system. Perceptions of Doctor Herman Pepper on the system and its boards; Information on the responsibilities of CHW's boards; Discussion on regional delivery.
- Calif. Catholic system surpasses Kaiser. Greene, Jay // Modern Healthcare;6/10/96, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p16
Reports on Catholic Healthcare West's (CHW) acquisition of seven hospitals to become California's largest health system. CHW's co-sponsorship arrangements with four other congregations; Terms of the co-sponsorships; Hospitals affiliated with CHW.
- CHW to sell Calif. hospital to college. Shinkman, Ron // Modern Healthcare;02/07/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p17
Reports the plan of Catholic Healthcare West company to sell Saint Louise Hospital in Morgan Hill, California to San Jose Christian College. Details on the sale; Law governing the sale of a hospital in the state; Management of the hospital.
- CHW discloses double subpoenas. Bellandi, Deanna // Modern Healthcare;04/23/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p16
Focuses on the subpoenas received by the Catholic Healthcare West company regarding compensation and Medicare cost reporting. Decision of the company to disclose the information to its investors through a letter which includes financial results for the fourth quarter of 2000; Details on the...