S&P Report Predicts Budget Problems for Robin Hood-Raided Texas Districts
- New Jersey districts receive $197M for software and hardware, etc. // Electronic Education Report;09/30/98, Vol. 5 Issue 18, p4
Reports on the allocation for school districts New Jersey to purchase computer software, hardware and staff development resources. Distance learning applications; Maintenance of technology centers.
- Wealthy Texas Districts Say Robin Hood Starves Students. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31288, p30
Reports on the feedback given by wealthy school districts in Texas regarding a school-finance formula for the school districts in the state. Details of the formula; Possible impact of the formula on the fiscal health of the districts; Efforts of a state legislative committee to find ways of...
- ILLINOIS: Spending Too Much. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/9/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31300, p29
Focuses on expenditures of school districts in Illinois. Difference between revenues and expenditures; Financial practices followed by school districts.
- ILLINOIS: Another Aaa School. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31333, p29
Reports on ratings of the New Trier Township High School District 203 in Cook County, Illinois. Number of districts in the state that have Aaa ratings; Completion of the refunding of general obligation bonds of the district; Location of the district.
- On Oakland's ebonics: Some say gibberish, some say slang, some say dis den dat, me say dem dumb,... Jackson, Jacquelyne John // Black Scholar;Spring97, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p18
Speculates on the resolution of California's Oakland Unified school district declaration about ebonics. Information on the role of public school teachers and the resolution; Discussion on the resolution.
- The fallacy of ebonics. Hutchinson, Earl Ofari // Black Scholar;Spring97, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p36
Reflects on the Oakland school board's decision to recognize ebonics as a separate language. Support given to the school board from the Black community leaders and educators; Reaction from supporters of ebonics.
- The Black Scholar Reader's forum: Ebonics. Woodford, Maize // Black Scholar;Spring97, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p2
Discusses the effects of the Oakland, California's School Board's passing of the resolution on ebonics in December 1996. What the Oakland School Board based its resolution on; Analysis of the resolution.
- Problems with launch of choice plan place Indianapolis officials under fire. Schmidt, Peter // Education Week;9/29/93, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p8
Reports on problems facing Indianapolis, Indiana school officials because of foul-ups in the implementation of a `controlled choice' student-assignment `Select Schools' plan. Superintendent Shirl E. Gilbert's pledge to act on the issues; Speculations on the possibility of a staff shake-up;...
- Across the nation: Districts. // Education Week;10/27/93, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p3
Reports on developments in the school districts. Survey results regarding safety in New York City public schools; New York City's Staten Island's newspaper `Staten Island Advance's revision of lesson plans published for schools; Washington State auditor's office's preliminary audit findings on...