High-Yield Focus: L.A. Deal for American Airlines Pumps Up the Volume
- Bankers Kick Off $500M United Roadshow. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;1/11/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the plan of JPMOrgan bankers to host a week-long roadshow for the sale of 500 million U.S. dollars-worth of United Airlines bonds starting on January 11, 2010. It is said that the airline intends to sell senior secured notes that are due on 2013, the proceeds of which will...
- Airlines up O'Hare volume. Crown, Judith // Crain's Chicago Business;11/20/95, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p3
Reports that American Airlines and United Airlines are revving up a promotional campaign. Successive mailings; Broadcasting and print advertising schemes; Correlation with the renewed effort by legislators to wrest away city control of the O'Haire and Midway airports.
- United, American license brands. Lawrence, Jennifer // Advertising Age;12/19/1994 - 12/26/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 53, p38
Reports on American Airlines Inc. and United Airlines Inc.'s signing of corporate licensing deals. Plan of United Airlines to license trademark names; Appearance of products on markets; Response of the United States Transportation Department to safety concerns.
- Opposing forces. Fiorino, Frances // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/19/1996, Vol. 144 Issue 8, p15
Reports that mayors of ten Chicago suburbs are accusing United Airlines Inc. and American Airlines Inc. of attempting to restrict competition in their opposition to the South Suburban Airport project.
- Culture vultures. Borden, Jeff; Coleman, Glenn // Crain's Chicago Business;4/3/95, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p8
Reports on the competition between United Airlines and American Airlines by sponsoring simultaneous special exhibitions at the airport terminals in Chicago, Illinois.
- Two Airlines Sue Over O'Hare Project. SHIELDS, YVETTE // Bond Buyer;1/19/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33452, p1
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by the American Airlines Inc. and United Airlines Inc. against the expansion program of the O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. It mentions that the two airline companies demanded to block the state's funding of the expansion projects and...
- Air Incentives. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31749, p31
Reports that officials of Tulsa County, Oklahoma, will negotiate with American Airlines Inc. about the revenue bond financing of the airline's maintenance facility in the state. Vision 2025 bond program; Tulsa County Industrial Authority's issuance of the bond.
- Chicago Council Endorses Airline Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;08/28/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30963, p36
Reports on the Chicago City Council's Finance Committee's endorsement of sale of revenue refunding bonds for American Airlines Inc. Structure of the bonds.
- Chicago May Issue $460M For United. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/09/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31053, p1
Reports on Chicago, Illinois' issuance of revenue bonds on United Airlines Inc.'s behalf. Bond authorization endorsed by the City Council's Finance Committee; Structure of the bonds; Refinancing opportunities in the downward interest rate environment.