California Case of Bribes and Prostitutes Settled Through Big Fine
- Calif. County Sues Salomon And Others. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;08/22/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30959, p1
Reports that the San Bernardino, California government has filed a lawsuit against Salomon Smith Barney Inc., a mutual fund and former county officials. Allegations of conspiracy of fraud, bad investments, unearned commissions and bribery; Damage payments sought by the county.
- Calif. Man Admits Checks Were Phony. Thompson, Laura K. // American Banker;8/31/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 169, p5
Reports that David S. Romo, the man who wrote counterfeit checks and then sued a bank for not accepting them, pleaded guilty in August 2001 to two federal counts of bank fraud and one count of transporting stolen securities in the United States. Romo's admission that he deposited counterfeit...
- Salomon-Barney cost savings are just on target. Horowitz, Jed // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/16/98, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p7
Presents information on the headcount and projected cost savings of Salomon Smith Barney. Comments from James Dimon, co-chief executive of the company; Estimated number of persons who left the company's payroll; Expectations of megamergers among financial service firms; Detailed information on...
- Salomon loses a top block trader as effort stalls. Garrity, Brian // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/06/98, Vol. 64 Issue 14, p7
States that Salomon Smith Barney's equity block trading business suffered a setback the week of April 4, 1998, after losing its co-head of block trading, Bill Schneider. Company that has employed Schneider; Changes made in management due to loss of Schneider; Information pertaining to the firm.
- Smith Barney widening its reach by putting brokers in bank branches. Fraser, Katharine // American Banker;3/20/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 54, p1
Reports that Salomon Smith Barney company is placing its brokers in bank branches in the United States, for banks to serve its entree into new geographical markets. Identification of the locations where such has occurred as at March 20, 1998; Details on the fee-sharing agreement Smith Barney...
- Brokerage's bank reflects new style of financial services. Roush, Matt // Crain's Detroit Business;03/02/98, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p25
Presents information on Salomon Smith Barney's move into Banking in Michigan. Information on the Bank; What plans it has for the Michigan market; Details on what banks are getting into; Mention of other banks owned by Salomon Smith Barny.
- Cable outlook strong: Salomon. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;04/27/98, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p26
Focuses on Salomon Smith Barney and its upgrading of the cable operators it tracks to a `buy' recommendation. What analyst Spencer Grimes based his across-the-board upgrade on; Comments from Grimes; Reference to Salomon Smith citing digital cable and high-speed data as catalysts; Relation to a...
- A team effort. // Securities Industry News;Summer99 Supplement Open Finance, Vol. 11 Issue 24, p10
Reports on the building of the trading floor of the Salomon Smith Barney stockbrokerage in New York City. Steps taken to integrate the operations of Smith Barney Inc., Salomon Brothers Inc. and Citibank; Dealing with technological changes in computer networking; Creation of a standard operating...
- Salomon brings its investment acumen, prestige to community banks. Wagley, John // Bank Investment Consultant;Feb2000, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p24
Discusses Salomon Smith Barney's Investment Center program, which will sell investment products through numerous community banks across the United States. Benefits provided by the program to banks; Primary advantage of Salomon over third-party marketers; Expected benefit of the program for the...