State and Local Finance: GOP Congressman Predicts $8.5 Billion Highway Funding Cut Will Not Stand
- State Budgets: Governors Slam Reductions in Highway Construction Funds. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/26/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31332, p5
Reports that state governors in the U.S. want the government to allow use of the federal highway trust fund in order to restore the 27% reduction in highway construction funds that President George W. Bush proposed in the fiscal 2003 budget. Details regarding budgetary shortfalls being faced by...
- Eau Gallie is French for rocky waters. Some say it was aptly named, and not only because of the dangerous rocks that lie offshore. Matthews, Sherrie Voss // Planning;Mar2003, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p10
Provides information on the construction of the roads in the Eau Gallie downtown in Melbourne, Florida. Details on the support of the citizens on the project; Sources of funds; Need of hiring for community plan consultants.
- Highway construction costs increase. // Public Roads;Summer93, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p33
Announces the increase of the highway construction costs for the fourth quarter of 1992. Cause of the increase of the construction costs; Measuring trends in highway construction costs.
- D.C. highway funds in jeopardy. // Traffic World;7/31/95, Vol. 243 Issue 5, p24
Informs about the prospective loss of funds by the District of Columbia due to city's non-ability to pay its share of the road projects. Details of the same.
- Kyle opens pocketbook. // Free Press (Buda, TX);11/19/2008, Vol. 105 Issue 33, p2A
The article reports that Kyle City Council was granted with $11 million fund for the road improvements of Interstate Highway-35 at Hays County, Texas.
- LA. RECEIVES HIGHWAY GRANT. // Rock Products;Apr2010, Vol. 113 Issue 4, p14
The article reports on the additional 24.2 million dollars grant awarded by U.S. Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar to the Louisiana Department of Natural Resources to reimburse construction costs for the LA Highway 1 improvements.
- Council green lights five road projects. Castile, Raymond // Wentzville Journal;11/2/2011, Vol. 49 Issue 79, pA5
The article reports on the approval of five major federally funded road improvement projects by the O'Fallon City Council in Missouri.
- County sets bond priorities. Nelson, Beth // Free Press (Buda, TX);8/13/2008, Vol. 105 Issue 19, p6A
The article reports on the recommendations of the consultants for the Hays County Commissioners in Hays County, Texas for the road projects to be added to November 2008's proposed bond.
- County gets motor running on road projects. Nelson, Beth // Free Press (Buda, TX);3/19/2008, Vol. 104 Issue 50, p1A
The article reports that the Hays County Commissioners' Court approved the creation of the Hays County Mobility and Safety Bond Committee, an independent body that will solely transact with the Texas Department of Transportation on pass-through financing deals for road projects in 2008.