News In Brief: Moody's Explains Health Care Upgrades
- Moody's to Charge 'Nominal' Annual Fee on Health Care Credits. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;4/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31364, p40
Reports on the plan of Moody's Investors Service to charge an annual maintenance fee on health care credits in the U.S. Determination for continued volatility within the health care sector; Schedule of implementation; Discussion about the value of fee with issuers.
- Gloomy outlook in bond review. Asplund, Jon // AHA News;04/15/96, Vol. 32 Issue 15, p6
Reports that Moody's Investors Service forecasts bad times for the California health care market, based on a review of revenue-bond ratings. Deterioration of credit quality since 1992; Causes of high risk in the bond market; Market leverage of not-for-profit organizations.
- A bumpy road ahead. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;09/21/98, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p76
Discusses the suggestion of Moody's Investors Service to health care companies to be cautious on their plan to consolidate. Aspects of merger that companies should examine carefully; Illustration of a health care company that failed in its consolidation effort.
- Moody's predicts credit-rating volatility. Pallarito, Karenh // Modern Healthcare;09/08/97, Vol. 27 Issue 36, p23
Suggests that health care credit ratings may lead to volatility according to the report given by Moody's Investors Service group. Indepth look at the health care system; Estimation of the amount of expenses the health care system acquires each year; Comments from Bruce Gordon, assistant vice...
- OREGON: A NICE DOWNGRADE. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;3/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31340, p35
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has lowered the ratings of Cascade Health Services (CHS) in Oregon. Anticipation of the system's sale of hospital revenue bonds; Issuer for CHS; Reason behind the downgrade in the rating; Expansion of the hospital campus by the merger of CHS with...
- Moody's, S&P issue a pair of downgrades. // AHA News;11/01/99, Vol. 35 Issue 43, p2
Presents information on the lowering of health care revenue bonds of two investments company. Web site of Moody's Investors Service; Rating of health care revenue bonds of Standard & Poor's.
- Regional news. // Modern Healthcare;06/05/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p30
Presents update on the health care industry in the United States as of June 5, 2000. Credit rating review of Moody's Investors Service on the two-hospital Dimensions Health Corp.; Plans of Genesis Medical Center in Davenport, Iowa to cut its work force; Number of employees which received their...
- Paying the price for analysis. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;4/22/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p14
Reports on the decision of Moody's Investors Service to begin charging annual fees to not-for-profit hospitals to cover the cost of ongoing surveillance of their credit worthiness, as of April 2002. Reaction of the healthcare industry to the decision; Details on the fees; Various comments on...
- Moody's, S&P make downgrades. // Modern Healthcare;6/13/94, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p48
Reports on the lowering of Moody's Investors Service's credit ratings on three healthcare providers. Alta Bates Medical Center; Crozer-Chester Medical Center; Good Samaritan Health System; Standard & Poor's Corp.'s downgrading of Nyack Hospital.