News In Brief: Consumer Confidence Index Slumps in Feb
- Consumer Confidence Hits Five-Month Low. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;7/28/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33357, p2
The article reports on the 50.4 decline of the U.S. consumer confidence index in July 2010.
- Consumer confidence rises in December. // Furniture/Today;1/4/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p39
The article offers information on the rising consumer confidence in New York where the consumer confidence index has improved to 52.6 percent in December 2009 due to an optimistic business and labour market conditions.
- Consumer confidence: Does it lead or lag the economy? Kinsey, Jean D. // Fedgazette;Jan1993, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p18
Opinion. Focuses on consumer attitude surveys in the United States. Revision of the Index of Leading Indicators to include the Index of Consumer Expectations; Complicated interpretation of the meaning of the Consumer Sentiment Index; Usefulness of indexes of consumer attitudes.
- Confidence falls in March. // Cabinet Maker;4/9/2010, Issue 5682, p6
The article reports on the March 2010 performance of consumer confidence in Great Britain according to the latest GfK NOP Consumer Confidence Index.
- APPENDIX A: CONSUMER CONFIDENCE INDICES. Miller, Richard K.; Washington, Kelli // Consumer Behavior;2013, p546
An appendix of consumer confidence indices is presented.
- Consumer Confidence Still On the Decline. Clark, Evan // FN: Footwear News;10/4/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 36, p12
The article reports that consumer confidence has declined in the U.S. during 2010 due to tough business environment and strained job market, and the Conference Board's Consumer Confidence Index declined to 48.5 in October 2010 from 53.2 in August 2010.
- Turkey consumer confidence rises in January. // Regional Today;01/30/2013, p2
The article reports on data release by the Turkish Statistical Institute which showed that Turkey's consumer confidence index rose 3% to 75.8 for the third consecutive month in January 2013.
- Preliminary March U. of Mich. Index at 79.9 vs. 81.6 in Feb. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;3/17/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34076, p7
The article reports that the preliminary March 2014 consumer sentiment index reading by the University of Michigan dropped to 79.9.
- Bulgaria's consumer confidence falls in July. // Regional Today;8/7/2014, p2
The article reports that the consumer confidence index in Bulgaria declined by 4.3 percent in July 2014 from the April level, seen as a result of decreased confidence by urban and rural consumers according to the National Statistical Institute.
- Consumer Confidence Improves in August. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;8/16/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33366, p2
The article reports on the improvement of the University of Michigan's preliminary consumer sentiment index reading to 69.6 in August 2010.