Extractive metallurgy of rhenium: a review
- Separation of rhenium and molybdenum from molybdenite leach liquor by the solvent extraction method. Khoshnevisan, A.; Yoozbashizadeh, H.; Mohammadi, M.; Abazarpoor, A.; Maarefvand, M. // Minerals & Metallurgical Processing;Feb2013, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p53
Molybdenum resources around the world are mainly associated with porphyry copper ores. Molybdenite (MoS2) is the main Mo mineral that has rhenium in its crystal lattice. This paper investigates the recovery of rhenium and molybdenum from a molybdenite concentrate using a hydrometallurgical...
- Extraction of Molybdenum from Molybdenite Concentrates with Hydrometallurgical Processing. Jiang, Kaixi; Wang, Yufang; Zou, Xiaoping; Zhang, Lei; Liu, Sanping // JOM: The Journal of The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TM;Nov2012, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p1285
Molybdenite concentrates are usually treated by roasting, but low-concentration SO pollution is an associated problem. A hydrometallurgical process with pressure oxidation leaching (POX) and solvent extraction (SX) was developed in recent years. During POX, the oxidation of molybdenum (Mo) is...
- Cast Intermetallic Alloys by SHS Under High Gravity. SANIN, V.; ANDREEV, D.; IKORNIKOV, D.; YUKHVID, V. // Acta Physica Polonica, A.;Aug2011, Vol. 120 Issue 2, p331
Pilot-scale series of cast Ti-Al, Ti-Al-Nb, (Ni, Co, Mn)Alx, Ni-Cr-Al-Si-C, and Co-V-Al-Si-C alloys were produced by thermit-type SHS under high gravity for their potential use as heat-resistant materials, master alloys, precursors for catalysts, etc.
- Discontinuous Precipitation and Phase Stability In Re- and Ru-Containing Nickel-Base Superalloys. Heckl, Astrid; Cenanovic, Samir; Göken, Mathias; Singer, Robert // Metallurgical & Materials Transactions. Part A;Jan2012, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p10
The phase stability of nickel-base superalloys has been investigated using a new in-house-designed alloy series with stepwise increased additions of Re and Ru at otherwise fixed atomic fractions of alloying elements. Results presented in this study are focused on the lesser-known topologically...
- One-pot Multi-component Synthesis of Amidoalkyl Naphthols with Potassium Hydrogen Sulfate as Catalyst under Solvent-free Condition. Xiao-hua Cai; Hui Guo; Bing Xie // International Journal of Chemistry;Feb2011, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p119
One-pot multicomponent condensation of ï¿½-naphthol, aromatic aldehydes, acetamide or urea was carried out in the presence of potassium hydrogen sulfate under solvent-free condition to afford the corresponding amidoalkyl naphthols in 83%~96% yields.
- Extraction and separation of thorium(IV) and praseodymium (III) with CYANEX 301 and CYANEX 302 from nitrate medium. El-Hefny, N. E.; Daoud, J. A. // Journal of Radioanalytical & Nuclear Chemistry;Aug2004, Vol. 261 Issue 2, p357
Solvent extraction of Pr(III) and Th(IV) has been investigated with commercial extractants of CYANEX 301 (bis(2,4,4-trimethylpentyl) dithiophosphinic acid) and CYANEX 302 (bis(2,4,4-trimethylpentyl) monothiophosphinic acid) in kerosene from nitrate medium. The effects of various parameters...
- Powder Metallurgical Processing of RHENIUM. Trybus, Carole L.; Chengming Wang; Pandheeradi, Murali; Meglio, Charles A. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Dec2002, Vol. 160 Issue 12, p23
Focuses on the development of powder injection molding and cold isostatic pressing for the processing of rhenium powders in the U.S. Elimination of the need for machining; Optimization of the tool design; Availability of fine spherical rhenium powder.
- Properties of tungsten-rhenium and tungsten-rhenium with hafnium carbide. Leonhardt, Todd // JOM: The Journal of The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TM;Jul2009, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p68
Historically, tungsten-25wt.% rhenium alloy has been manufactured into wire for the thermocouple market, but recent demands for high-temperature structural components have forced the development of novel processing techniques for tungsten-rhenium and tungsten-rhenium with hafnium carbide. With a...
- Processing of deactivated platinum-rhenium catalysts. Kasikov, L. G.; Petrova, A. M. // Theoretical Foundations of Chemical Engineering;Aug2009, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p544
The literature review of processing methods for deactivated platinum-rhenium catalysts is presented, including a description of technologies used in practice. All known methods are divided into 2 main groups: 1) with complete dissolution of the catalyst base and 2) based on selective recovery of...