Tesco and Asda at loggerheads in strapline row
- Tesco and Asda top the Xmas results. // Marketing Week;1/8/1998, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p7
Reports that Tesco PLC and Asda Group PLC have emerged as the strongest players in the pre-Christmas shopping season in Great Britain in 1997. Shares in the total grocery market.
- Triumph for Asda in final week. Montague-Jones, Guy // Grocer;6/14/2014, Vol. 237 Issue 8159, p23
The article reports that British retailers Asda has won in the final week of the G33 year, taking its tally to 42 - one more than in 2013 and mentions that Asda won undercutting second placed British retailer Tesco by 5.42 pounds.
- Tesco tests Asda in cut-price clash. Marsh, Harriet // Marketing (00253650);9/23/1999, p2
Reports that Tesco has promised the biggest price cuts ever seen in Great Britain, with cuts of 10% on `core items,' in response to Asda's commitment to slash prices by between 5% and 10% on 10,000 products. Products that would be affected by Tesco's and Asda's price cuts; Financial performance...
- Ocado calls in back-up as online grocers face logistical Olympics. Hegarty, Ronan // Grocer;7/21/2012, p4
The article reports that online grocer Ocado will deploy back-up vans in London, England to relieve drivers stuck in traffic during the 2012 Olympic Games while several grocers like Asda and Tesco will scale back their delivery operations in the British capital during the Games.
- Asda wants to grow fresh milk market share. Spackman, Paul // Farmers Weekly;3/23/2012, Vol. 157 Issue 12, p15
The article reports on the goal set by British supermarket chain Asda to surpass Tesco as the leading retailer of fresh milk in Great Britain.
- Asda beats Morrisons by just 59p. Lanyon, Daniel // Grocer;5/18/2013, p19
The article reports on the naming of Asda as the chain offering the least prices in Great Britain in mid-May 2013, with Morrisons finishing as close second and Tesco at third place.
- Red faces at Tesco as ASA backs Asda. // Marketing Week;4/11/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p7
Focuses on the claim of Tesco PLC, a supermarket chain on the prices of their products in Great Britain. Support given by the Advertising Standards Authority on Asda Group PLC; Price comparison between Asda and Tesco; Amount invested by Tesco in reducing its prices.
- Alert issued over scam on Facebook. // Grocer;10/29/2011, Vol. 234 Issue 8028, p8
The article reports on the warning released by British supermarkets Asda and Tesco concerning the hoax promises of free shopping sent by customers through an online promotion.
- Asda cuts basket cost by Â£3.36. Halliwell, James // Grocer;11/24/2012, p23
The article reports that British grocer Asda is the winner in terms of biggest price reductions for the week of November 24, 2012. Data showed that Asda's price reduction of 3.36 British pounds is the biggest among similarly-sized supermarkets. Asda reportedly offered the cheapest prices on 11...