Tesco and Asda at loggerheads in strapline row
- Triumph for Asda in final week. Montague-Jones, Guy // Grocer;6/14/2014, Vol. 237 Issue 8159, p23
The article reports that British retailers Asda has won in the final week of the G33 year, taking its tally to 42 - one more than in 2013 and mentions that Asda won undercutting second placed British retailer Tesco by 5.42 pounds.
- Tesco and Asda top the Xmas results. // Marketing Week;1/8/1998, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p7
Reports that Tesco PLC and Asda Group PLC have emerged as the strongest players in the pre-Christmas shopping season in Great Britain in 1997. Shares in the total grocery market.
- Tesco tests Asda in cut-price clash. Marsh, Harriet // Marketing (00253650);9/23/1999, p2
Reports that Tesco has promised the biggest price cuts ever seen in Great Britain, with cuts of 10% on `core items,' in response to Asda's commitment to slash prices by between 5% and 10% on 10,000 products. Products that would be affected by Tesco's and Asda's price cuts; Financial performance...
- Alert issued over scam on Facebook. // Grocer;10/29/2011, Vol. 234 Issue 8028, p8
The article reports on the warning released by British supermarkets Asda and Tesco concerning the hoax promises of free shopping sent by customers through an online promotion.
- Asda pulls off its second win in a row. Halliwell, James // Grocer;6/11/2011, Vol. 234 Issue 8008, p19
The article reports that Asda has taken first place for the second week as the cheapest supermarket with a basket of 1.55 British pounds cheaper than Tesco's and with 11 exclusively cheapest products.
- Supermarket Prices. // British Baker;2/8/2013, p13
A chart is presented that lists the prices of several food such as Diet Coke, Walkers Salt and Vinegar crisps, and chicken and bacon sandwich, in various supermarkets, including Tesco, Waitrose, and Asda.
- Asda finally comes good on 10% APG. Halliwell, James // Grocer;3/19/2011, Vol. 234 Issue 7997, p19
The article reports on a price comparison between British retailers Asda and Tesco for the week ending March 15, 2011.
- leader. Leyland, Adam // Grocer;6/7/2014, Vol. 237 Issue 8158, p3
The author offers insights on various issues relating to grocery retailers which include Aldi, Asda, and Tesco.
- Untitled. Cunningham, Daniel // Estates Gazette;3/24/2012, Issue 1212, p03
The article reports that Tesco's legal challenge to stop rival retailer Asda from developing a supermarket in Dundee, Scotland, has been dismissed by the Supreme Court.