NEVADA: 25-Year Transport Tax?
- RTC board goes back to the future. Couzens, Fred // Las Vegas Business Press;05/28/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 22
Highlights the results of the needs assessment exercise conducted by board members of the Nevada Regional Transportation Commission. Proposals for the regionally integrated transportation scheme; Building of a north-south and east-west transportation corridor; Construction of a full loop...
- RTC set to approve $18 million to pave local roads. // Las Vegas Business Press;08/07/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p13
Reports that the Regional Transportation Commission of Nevada is expected to approve a measure in August 2000 that would appropriate millions of dollars in federal funds to pave roads in the span of three years. Plan to use funds diverted from other projects that were targeted to reduce...
- RTC to sell $169 million in road construction bonds. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);7/5/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p11
The article reports on the plans of the Nevada Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) to sell bonds in order to fund the construction of several roads.
- CAT Match participation set for major second-year jump. Couzens, Fred // Las Vegas Business Press;10/02/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p6
Anticipates the success of Nevada Regional Transportation Commission's CAT Match alternative transportation program in its second year with the addition of twelve major employers inside and outside the Las Vegas Valley. Goal of the program; Composition of registrants; Benefits of the program to...
- RTC launches CAT MATCH. // Las Vegas Business Press;07/26/99, Vol. 16 Issue 29, p21
Reports on the state Regional Transportation Commission's launch of the CAT MATCH Commuter Services program to help employers match carpool or vanpool groups and recommend transit options in Nevada.
- RTC asks planners for rail rethink. Bhatt, Rob // Las Vegas Business Press;08/03/98, Vol. 15 Issue 31, p1
Reports on the Nevada Regional Transportation Commission's (RTC) plan to ask the Needs Assessment Committee of the Southern Nevada Strategic Planning Authority to rethink its position on mass transit in relation to the transportation plan for Las Vegas, Nevada. Estimated value of the proposed...
- RTC plans $6.8 billion in projects through 2025. Couzens, Fred // Las Vegas Business Press;12/11/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p15
Reports on the Nevada Regional Transportation Commission's holding of a public hearing to consider its major transportation planning document. Transportation spending under the plan; Government approvals required by the document; Road and transit projects outlined in the document.
- Henderson site selected for transit hub. Couzens, Fred // Las Vegas Business Press;10/23/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p20
Reports on the Nevada Regional Transportation Commission's selection of a site for a regional transit hub in Henderson in Las Vegas. Use of the weighted point system called Carter-Burgess to determine the best location for the Citizens Area Transit transfer terminal.
- North Las Vegas promotes lots of land and freeway access. Cruz, Sherri // Las Vegas Business Press;04/20/98, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p21
Focuses on the developing of lands in Las Vegas, Nevada, to attract more retailers in the area. Why Regional Transportation Commission has chosen the area for its bus facility; Other advantages offered by the site; Intention of bus tour geared by the North Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce.