Utah Legislators OK Budget, Move to Limit Governor's Powers
- Tennessee Improves, But Talk of Rating Recovery is Premature. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/30/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31751, p4
Reports that the state of Tennessee is enjoying a second consecutive month in which revenues exceeded budgeted estimates. Increase in sales tax collections; Credit ratings received by Moody's Investors Service.
- Davis Signs $99 Billion 2003 Budget, and Looks Ahead to Power Bonds. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;9/6/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31465, p4
Reports the budget for the fiscal year 2002 of California. Sources of funds for the budget; Revenue shortfall of the state; Amount of the reserve fund of the state.
- The Pennsylvania Budget. // Economic Trends (07482922);Mar2002, p14
Presents several graphs depicting the public budget in Pennsylvania. Total state revenues; General funds appropriations; General fund revenues.
- The West Virginia Budget. // Economic Trends (07482922);Mar2002, p15
Presents several graphs depicting the public budget in West Virginia. Total state revenues; General fund revenues; General fund appropriations.
- Some consequences of fiscal reliance on extrabudgetary revenues in China. ECKAUS, R.S. // China Economic Review (1043951X);Mar2003, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p72
The central and especially the local governments in China have become increasingly dependent on extrabudgetary revenues (EBRs), which, by 1996, were more than half as large as tax revenues. These many thousand fees and levies are mainly ad hoc and disparate exactions that generate microeconomic...
- Virginia Governor Orders Spending Cuts; Is Undecided on College Bond Proposal. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/16/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31305, p5
Reports that in a speech to state lawmakers, the Governor of Virginia, Mark R. Warner, has said that there will be a reduction in spending in 2002 due to revenue shortfalls. Percentage of the decrease in spending levels of the state; Details of the budget proposed for the fiscal 2003-2004 biennium.
- Arizona, Kansas Governors Take Different Tacks on Shortfalls. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;1/16/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31305, p30
Reports on the stand taken by the governors of Kansas and Arizona regarding the shortfalls in revenue faced by their respective states. Opinion of Arizona Governor regarding the need for a reduction in money for public schools; Recommendation of Kansas Governor Bill Graves for an increase in...
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/26/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31581, p31
Presents several news items related to the U.S. bond market as of February 26, 2003. Possible plans of Indiana governor Frank O'Bannon for security of national tobacco settlement revenues; Proposition of a fiscal 2004 budget for Iowa by democratic governor Tom Vilsack; Approval of sale of...
- There is a lot going on in Young County. Bullock, John C. // Graham Leader;5/13/2012, Vol. 136 Issue 78, p4A
The author discusses several approaches that need to be taken by the commissioners' court of Young County, Graham for accomplishing the tasks required for projecting greater revenues from the 2012-13 budget proposals.